joesatch1
Participant
@joesatch1

Hey everyone,
I just turned 23, and I was thinking about getting my first tattoo in the next few weeks.
I don’t know if to get something on my left arm (sort of half sleeve, alittle shorter though), but afraid it would stand out so much for a first tattoo.
Thought maybe about getting my first one on my left chest muscle.

Regarding the idea, I really want either something with a meaning of open-mindness / liberation of the mind,
or (I’ve been a drummer for about 8 years) something to do with drums involving something tribal.
The last idea is something about music for the body and soul.
I still haven’t found something that I like, or any direction.
I actually just thought about it now, maybe something to involve them all into one tattoo.
They’re all connected somehow. I’m not an artist myself, therefore its kind of hard for me to draw something with all of those combined, so still, if anyone got any ideas regarding this, I’d love to hear.

I would love to hear ideas, directions and to hear your opinions about the location of the tattoo.

Thanks!

Amok
Participant
@amok

Welcome to the forum.

Don’t get tribal, it sucks dick.

A good tattoo artist is the best person to draw up your ideas, go see one.

Animal from the Muppets would be awesome.

Cecil Porter
animal%20web.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

go big, most collectors today only have one regret that they didnt go bigger!

tribal is 80’s, dead and hated in the tattoo community,

best way to get a great tattoo, pick a wonderful arits after seeking recommendations for your area and checking protfolios and go talk to them, they are the designers, they are professional artists, creators, they will talk to you, condolidate your ideas and create a great tattoo idea for you

welcome!

joesatch1
Participant
@joesatch1
mrchen;116642 wrote:
go big, most collectors today only have one regret that they didnt go bigger!

tribal is 80’s, dead and hated in the tattoo community,

best way to get a great tattoo, pick a wonderful arits after seeking recommendations for your area and checking protfolios and go talk to them, they are the designers, they are professional artists, creators, they will talk to you, condolidate your ideas and create a great tattoo idea for you

welcome!

first of all, thanks alot!
yeah, actualy the thought of tribal kinda loses it since it’s got no meaning and just being tattooed for it’s design. which is fine by me, but i want something that i feel attached to. i get what u mean.

the problem with going big for my first one is that i come from a religious family (i’m not though, far from it)
and they r very against this. they will give me hell once i do it but its something that i love and want and cant let anyone decide for me what i’d do. so i thought about going for something smaller, and later grow and grow. but maybe ur right, ill meet up with an artist and see what he suggests, ill decide by what i feel is right.

still, if anyone got ideas, or art designs for what i’m going for, im listening 🙂
(the guy with monster from muppets, great idea but i thought about something more serious, thanks though!)

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I agree with the rest. My first tattoo was a full back piece and have never regretted it, just think a big bold piece gives the artist much more scope for detail and make the tattoo that much better.

Love the muppets ink.

I also cannot stand tribal and never have even when it was fashionable.

I am not sure what style you want or colour, B/G ?

You could have something similar to the pics below, the scenery for open-mindness / liberation of the mind with some drums all ripping out of your soul (from within)?

zlw5g.jpg

dlg8c0.jpg

2nqv61v.jpg

Panter
Participant
@panter

Animal ftw.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
joesatch1;116652 wrote:
the problem with going big for my first one is that i come from a religious family (i’m not though, far from it)
and they r very against this.

They will give you shit no matter the size for maybe for a day tops but they will get over it the tattoo will be there forever so get something that you won’t sit there and so “man I wish I didn’t put this little tattoo in the middle of my arm”

The most important factor in your tattoo will be the artist you pick. Do your research time and money should not be concerns.

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

Welcome to the forum and the tattoo world.
Like every one else has said reseach and talk to an artist and bigger is better. Also have you talked to you family? I didn’t tell my family of my interest in tattoos until I made the appointment for my second. Their attitude completely surprised me. No they didn’t like tattoos but it was my body and supported my decision.
Goodluck.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

At the end of the day without being disrespectful if you’re not religious and are over 18 it’s nothing to do with them so who cares what they think, you can not live you’re life not doing thing’s just because some people might get a little unhappy along the way. They will get over it.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Get a Tribal before you get something ugly…

nilano
@

Tribal is the way to go man…….If nothing else comes to mind, do a tribal.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
nilano;116804 wrote:
Tribal is the way to go man…….If nothing else comes to mind, do a tribal.

joesatch1
Participant
@joesatch1

Thanks for all the support and ideas!

Still haven’t found something that I’m looking for.

Thinking about just concentrating about my love for music and doing a tattoo with that concept.

However I still have no direction.
Looked at some proffessional artists websites to get some ideas, maybe something that is somewhat what I imagined.
Still nothing.
If anyone has a good concept to go with that I’d still be happy to hear!
Decided going half sleeve btw 🙂

Reha
Participant
@reha

I am thinking to get tattoo my mothers name on my wrist hows that!!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Reha 138960 wrote:

I am thinking to get tattoo my mothers name on my wrist hows that!!

Personally, I don’t like names, script, or tribal tattoos.
I suggest you think of something you identify with your mother and tattoo that.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

(I identify my mother with the Anthurium flower. She loved them)

No! It’s not a raw steak!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.