Butters92
Participant
@butters92

Its going to be my first time getting a tattoo so i wan’t to get one that actually means something, i’ve read through numerous threads and its fair to say nobody is a fan of font tattoos and would rather ideas expressed in a picturesque style. I was thinking of getting my nannys face on my fore arm but dont know if its a good idea? also had an idea of getting an angel with her face being the angels. I want something that i ca be really proud of and would love ideas and opinions ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

If you want a portrait you need to do a lot of research for the right artist.

Beerserker
Participant
@beerserker
Butters92;115436 wrote:
Its going to be my first time getting a tattoo so i wan’t to get one that actually means something, i’ve read through numerous threads and its fair to say nobody is a fan of font tattoos and would rather ideas expressed in a picturesque style. I was thinking of getting my nannys face on my fore arm but dont know if its a good idea? also had an idea of getting an angel with her face being the angels. I want something that i ca be really proud of and would love ideas and opinions ๐Ÿ™‚

I know it’s a common answer but: if you like it, then it is cool!!!! it doesn’t matter if I think it’s nice or not because it’s not mine tattoo but yours!!!
btw, when you are sure about what to get tattoo then you have to decide the style: the same tattoo could be “old school”, japanese, celtic, tribal… there are many ways to do it.
another point is colours. do you want it in mono-color or multi-color? I think this point is important too.
first tattoo is really hard (at least it was to me, and the second was much easier). try to sketch some ideas, keep the papers and then bring the best one to your tattooer, he should make a coulpe of examples with some differences and then you can edit the one you most like…. it’s sure you will be proud of it because it will be the one that best represents your idea!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I think the forearm isn’t particularly suited to portraits unless you have particularly big forearms. If you’re going to go that route, then consider the upper arm, calf, quad – somewhere with some more real area to accommodate the level of detail necessary for a good portrait. Also, as Wardy said, make sure you pick someone who is very skilled at portraits. It’s so easy to fuck up a portrait. If you let us know where you live, we can probably recommend someone.

Butters92
Participant
@butters92

I live right bang in the middle of Dublin city centre, thanks for the thoughts think mono-color suits portraits best well the ones I’ve looked at on the Internet seem amazing!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Butters92;115489 wrote:
I live right bang in the middle of Dublin city centre, thanks for the thoughts think mono-color suits portraits best well the ones I’ve looked at on the Internet seem amazing!

There’s only one place to go then: Remis. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.