Dementedfish
Participant
@dementedfish

I’m new here and looking for some insight!

I’m 23 and looking to get my first tattoo and I’ve decided I want to get a colorful rainbow trout on my chest which extends to my arm, similar to the picture below. Trout fishing has been a huge part of my life for over 10 years now so this is a very meaningful tattoo to me.

I’ve been looking for some rainbow trout tattoo designs online but haven’t found anything I like. My question to you guys is, would it be best to just find a picture I like then have my artist draw something up to my satisfaction? Also, if anyone has gotten any fish-related tattoos I’d love to see them. Thanks all!

rainbow-trout-tattoo.jpg

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

where are u located? someone can recommend a good artist.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Dementedfish;115488 wrote:
. My question to you guys is, would it be best to just find a picture I like then have my artist draw something up to my satisfaction? Also, if anyone has gotten any fish-related tattoos I’d love to see them. Thanks all!

Yes just find some pics of fish that you want and let them draw it up for you. Most important is the artist. Where are so maybe someone can recommend an artist to you.

I have a marlin tattoo from a Guy Harvey painting.

Panter
Participant
@panter

I reckon that will look spectacular with the right artist on it.
I’m a very keen angler myself and keep toying with the idea of having a version of some traditional stuff done but with a realistic Chub or Barbel instead of a Koi against a backdrop of oak leaves or willow.

Let us know how you get on, would love to see it if you get it done (but imagine you’ll be waiting a lot of Months for the right artist)

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

get a collection of picture references with markings you like and take them to the best artist, they will knock it out, drawing up their own design using your references.

Dementedfish
Participant
@dementedfish

Thanks for the advice all. I have an artist in mind who was recommended to me and after seeing his work I was quite impressed.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Post the artists link here so we can see their work.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

This would make an awesome tattoo if you have the right artist.
Guy Harvey art.

rainbow+country+Guy+Harvey.Medium.jpg

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Not to be rude what looks like good work to someone getting they’re first tattoo might not look so good to someone whose first rodeo this is not. Everyone giving you advice on this forum is trying to help you get the best tattoo possible. Your local tattoo shop might have some good artists but if its your first tattoo and its a large piece on prime real estate you don’t want a good artist. You want a great artist.
Post a link for the guy who you want to do it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.