ashstix
Participant
@ashstix

Hi all,

I’m currently working on my first tattoo.

I have selected the following quote to be written in typewriter font with the word “forte” (strong) in red and the rest in black. I may decide to take out the middle line depending on placement.

Non, je ne regrette rien,
meme ce qui a mal tourne,
parce qu’enfin j’ai appris a etre forte

(accent marks have been taking out so it might be a little incorrect as it appears here)

Placement is where I’m stumped. The quote is about a personal and painful time I conquered a couple of years ago, it is also a message of strength and a reminder of what I am capable of.

I’ve so far considered thigh (inner or upper), inner upper arm towards the back so it’s less visible from the front, back, ribs.

I just can’t decide and I’m worried that inner arm might be too visible for something that is after all very personal.

Does anyone have any ideas? I want something unique.

P.s. I’m female with fair skin.

Thanks!!!!

Ash

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum. You will have to decide if you want to be able to see your tattoo easily. If you have it on your back, then you will need to be undressed and looking in a mirror. I had mine put on my outer right calf because I want to look at it often & I wanted to be able to show it easily. Yours is very personal to you and so you don’t want that, but do you want the quote to circle around your arm or leg or do you want it vertically? If you want it to fit so you can read it easily you will probably need for it to be vertical unless you put it on your ribs, back etc. Personally, I think ribs would be a pretty good choice for you. It is personal and no one will see it unless you decide to reveal it and you can see it in a mirror easily, but it will be in reverse when you view it. If you put it on your inner arm vertically, that would be easy for you to look at and still keep covered with sleeves when desired. I’m sure you will get lots of other opinions! Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

As for placement for your quote try a tee shirt..

ashstix
Participant
@ashstix

Thanks msmercury! That’s very helpful, I did some brainstorming last night and I’ve shortened the quote to
“non, je ne regrette rien,
Parce j’ai appris etre
Forte”

I’m now leaning towards having it on my hip towards the front, as it’s a message of strength I’d like to be able to see it pretty easy ๐Ÿ™‚ I also like your idea of getting it on my ribs.

And buttwheat this quote means a lot to me and I’ve been contemplating it for over 2 years now, I’m committed to getting on my skin.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;104751 wrote:
As for placement for your quote try a tee shirt..

Quote t-shirts are pretty awesome.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i also have some script, personal to me, in another language and i went for my right ribs, it suits me just fine there because i can see it whenever i want to (a bit awkward but i manage) but at the same time its not where randoms int he street can see it and go “what does that mean?” lol just a warning, although i am really glad i went for the ribs (my right side just below where the breast sits) it hurts like a mother fucker and being script you have to be abel to sit super still because if you jump or squirm you will get a messed up font lol

i would be really careful about the font you choose too to allow for skin movement and natural migration of the ink so that it doesnt end up a blurred mess (unfortunately i jumped on one word as he hit bone and now have a little blowout, but its my own fault so i live with it lol)

here’s mine incase you were interested, that’s my bra line above it so you can tell where it sits ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.