shawnxu
Participant
@shawnxu

Hi there, this is the tattoo I have now. It’s basically tribal wings with chinese words down the middle and an eye of horus just below my neck.

I was wondering if anyone if you guys can give me some ideas on how to enhance the wings. It may look like a complete piece but I feel like it has the potential to be more than it is now, honestly i feel it looks kinda boring now right.

Please feel free to tell me what you think, looking forward to hearing your comments! thanks!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum mate.

Not many people round these part are fans of tribal’s but if you like it that’s all that matters 🙂

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

Hmm. Are you looking to add realism (eg, add some feathers, etc) to it, or enhance the tribal itself?

I think the former might look a little weird, but it could work if the artist could somehow blend them over into the writing, and maybe brought them around your ribs.

If it’s the latter, then I would say just extend and branch out a bit.

*shrug* Just a thought.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

The Kanji looks well done. I think those wings are helpless sorry.

shawnxu
Participant
@shawnxu

Thanks for your replies. I was thinking of enhancing the wings in the hence that I want to make it stand out more, maybe put in some shading around it? I’m not an artist I don’t know, I just want it to look more like you say realistic. Something that makes you go wow!

What I have now to me feels kinda plain and boring. You know what I mean? Would reallyY appreciate your comments. Whoever is reading this, please give me some ideas! Good or bad, just throw it out. Thanks!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sadly, tribal IS plain and boring. What you need to do is look for a very GOOD tribal ARTIST and bring your back to them. They will do what they can with it, but only someone very proficient at tribals and with a good eye for making good tribal (some might think that’s an oxymoron, but it does exist) can make it look less plain and boring.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

You ask 10 people for advice, you’ll get 11 answers. Especially if its about Tribal around here…

Personally, I love your Tribal, and the eye of Horus – but I’d lose the Oriental. It doesn’t go with the Tribal. However, in the name of full disclosure, I have about the same opinion of Oriental as most here do of Tribal – I don’t like it.

young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky

i love tribal myself (hence why im gettin it done on me)

i’ve seen a few people adding red to tribal pieces and it really makes it stand out more.

If you could maybe do a like a red tribal piece blending in through your original wings i personally think it would look amazing (Y)

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

The tattoo is complete. It’s solid black tribal. Can’t stand out anymore than it already does. Move on.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.