PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

I’m fairly certain as of right now I want to get a buddha on my back and a dragon over or around the buddha under the mustang I have but I really like medievil dragons but idk if mixing a buddha with a dragon like tht would look right so I’ve been leaning towards the more traditional japanese or chinese dragons. Any thouhts?

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I have seen a few well done medieval dragons done, and I still think that trad. Japanese dragons trump any that I’ve seen. I also would have to agree that mixing any styles, such as the Buddha with the medieval dragon could look out of place, just my thoughts thought

Prinny
Participant
@prinny

I think you need some continuity so stick with the asian influence on the dragon and skip the medieval one.

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

thats what i was thinking too but my whole life ive honestly loved medievil dragons they are apassion but so is buddha well back to the drawing board for me i guess lol thanks guys

Amok
Participant
@amok

why not get 2 separate tattoos? i like the idea of a medieval/european dragon, you don’t see many of them

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

maybe have one on each side of the buddha swirling up to meet above the mustang? things i havent thought of before i like that man good fuckin idea bro

Amok
Participant
@amok

Anne Stokes does some great medieval artwork, and best of all, she doesn’t mind if you copy her work exactly and get it tattooed on you.

http://www.annestokes.com/fantasy/guardian.htm

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Be unique if you like it ink it. Doesn’t matter what other people will think.

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

i agree but im getting my whole back done and i want as much of the subject matter to relate as possible i am already mixing the mustang i have with buddha and a dragon with the possibility of tribal idk if i should be mixing eastern and western even more lol

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Get what you want. The car tattoo already kills any flow. So go with a European dragon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.