bigwill
Participant
@bigwill

hi

i need some input into a idea i have had for my second tattoo which would be on the upper part of my left arm. im doing a networking degree at university and want to get an ip addess tattoo. My idea was to get ip address moving between or through clouds, the idea comes from the tearm cloud computing. i am not artistic at all so dont know what it would really look like as a tattoo so could to with some input.

what do you think of the idea?
does any one have any other ideas for a ip address tattoo?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Sounds very interesting. Will be a very unique tattoo that’s for sure!

Amok
Participant
@amok

hmm I like the idea but not sure it would look good.

How about a bunch of cascading ones and zeros, matrix style? I spose that’s less networking than an ip address though.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Make sure you use your own ip and post a picture when it’s done, I want to hack you

Zach

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, a cloud doesn’t have AN IP address, it has several.. hence the cloud part 😉

I’d say your idea suffers from the same as any text tattoo. It will get real boring real quick if you don’t do something more with it. I’m just not sure how to do it with just the 12 numbers (or are you thinking IPv6?) on a bunch of clouds.
Perhaps doing some cloud outlines and the outlines are actual IP numbers… dunno. That would require it to be quite a bit bigger than I expect you are going after.

Bope
Participant
@bope

I have a working QR code..

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

“The Cloud” is yet another fad – which will wane sooner or later. When it does wane, your tatt will look pretty dumb…

From a more technical standpoint, this is full circle back to centralized computing – which is what the so-called “micro-computer revolution” was supposed to do away with.

Its yet another way to part people from their money. You heard it here first…

bigwill
Participant
@bigwill

ok thanks for the input not seeing a whole lot of love for my idea so may have to rethink the idea or shelf it completely

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

you can’t not get a tattoo just because other people don’t like the idea. You get it because you like it not anybody else

bigwill
Participant
@bigwill

well im not just dumping the idea because people dont like it im just not that sure on the idea as i dont know how it would really work which a few people have said. i cant imagine how it would look as a tattoo. i want one with many ip address moving through clouds. i tried drawing a rough design but completely failed.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Zorba;90453 wrote:
“The Cloud” is yet another fad – which will wane sooner or later. When it does wane, your tatt will look pretty dumb…

From a more technical standpoint, this is full circle back to centralized computing – which is what the so-called “micro-computer revolution” was supposed to do away with.

Its yet another way to part people from their money. You heard it here first…

Sorry, zorba, but betting on the fact that a new technology will come along to eclipse what is the newest thing now isn’t exactly prescience, just sound reasoning. You’re just a bit too proud of that prediction.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
Dave Van;90572 wrote:
Sorry, zorba, but betting on the fact that a new technology will come along to eclipse what is the newest thing now isn’t exactly prescience, just sound reasoning. You’re just a bit too proud of that prediction.

“Proud”?

Neh – not particularly. Your observation is utterly correct – other than the technology involved isn’t really “new” – but then, what is?

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Zorba;90893 wrote:
“Proud”?

Neh – not particularly. Your observation is utterly correct – other than the technology involved isn’t really “new” – but then, what is?

I defer. Never mind, then. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.