StayC
Participant
@stayc

I have created an album with a few images Ive taken from the net for an idea I have for a tattoo to represent my parents. My mother is English and my father is Finnish so I wanted to link them together and came up with the flowers. The native flower to Finland is aparently Convallaria Majalis – Lilly of the Valley and for England is the Rose.

What I imagine is the rose standing (either open or partially open, with the stem though) with the Lilly of the valley wrapped around it. My problem is Im not really sure of the shapes that could be made so I dont know what abouts it would fit best on the body. I also am not a major fan of alot of colour, I dont mind littlecolour flairs and highlights and what not just not full blown vibrant colours, which makes me wonder if realistic flowers is the way to go or not?

In the images I have in the album there is an almost tribal one, if i didnt get the tattoo done realistic I think I would go for a style almost like that but alot less tribal (if that makes sense) I see the lines as being alot more flowing, curvy, elegant, femenine, almost just simple italics,

but again Im really not design minded so I just dont really know…. I hope some of that makes sense to somebody :p

Anyone able to help?

C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p

With proper shading the flowers would look awesome without color!

StayC
Participant
@stayc

yeah this is very true, I am just very aware of some tattoos almost looking stamp like on some women because of the shape, size and what not. I would imagine there could be a similar problem if it was all straight edged, so some degree of shading would no doubt be needed.

Ive just realised Ive got a rose picture a friend drawn me which is another style I like, almost sketchy style art. Ill get that uploaded later! Thats another option I suppose…

feel like Im stuck in some form of tattoo limbo right now ๐Ÿ™‚ I know what I want to do but I dont have a clue how to do it!

C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p
StayC;90302 wrote:
feel like Im stuck in some form of tattoo limbo right now ๐Ÿ™‚ I know what I want to do but I dont have a clue how to do it!

I have that problem too!

StayC
Participant
@stayc

Ive added this to the album too, its a picture a pen friend drew for me years ago and Ive always liked the sketchy look to it. Although Im not sure how well that idea would work when drawing the lilly of the valley as its got such a small flower bud on it.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

I like that sketchy look as well, although I have seen similar sketches more stylistically appealing. (Not putting down your friends drawing, and I know you are aware that there is better available). As for the Lily of the Valley concept, a good artist could do the same sketchy type thing and still make it look great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.