Tekniqe
Participant
@tekniqe

I’m going to get a tattoo of this symbol (personal reasons, obviously), but I’m not quite certain which “version” I like the most. Certainly, I have some I like more than others, but I thought I would let you guys weigh your opinion or take some artistic lease (maybe just make some changes or suggestions) on the designs. The size will be most similar, from what I can tell, to the first image (except it won’t be on my arm).

On a slightly less related noted, I’m getting it either somewhere on my ribcage (down and slightly forward of my armpit area) or back, any opinions on that?

This one with or without the lettering, I’m not sure if it will be possible on a smaller scale.

Thanks in advance for the help!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hating the first one, liking the last two.

Tekniqe
Participant
@tekniqe

Thanks for the reply! The first is the one I like the least, but I feel like all of them have aspects that I like. Any thoughts on placement or size?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well I’m all for the ‘go big or go home’ mentality, but the size and placement really just depends on where and how you want it and how much canvas you want to waste on that thing and whether it’s likely that it’ll mean as much to you in 30 years or if you’re going to be upset that you wasted prime space on that thing when you wanted this thing now and can’t fit it…. if that makes sense 🙂

Tekniqe
Participant
@tekniqe

I see what you mean. This will be one of a few tattoos I will be likely to get in my lifetime, so I’m not so worried about running out of room. As for the longevity, and whether I’ll feel the same in 30 years, I think I’ll be fine. I don’t know if you know what it is, but it’s a Buddhist symbol (called the Dharmachakra). Essentially it is a guide to living. Each of the spokes represent a different aspect (View, Intention, Speech, Action, Livilihood, Effort, Mindfulness, Concentration), which will be the same throughout my lifetime.

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions, thanks very much! I think I will consider going bigger than I originally planned.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

i would see a ships wheel……

Tekniqe
Participant
@tekniqe

I might go with this image here (which was a funny coincidence):

1301824746414.jpg

The lettering is from a Buddhist text, quoted from the Buddha himself.

>>reefdiver
It’s actually modeled after a wheel, not a ship’s, but a chariots, like this:

It’s called the Wheel of Law or the Wheel of Dharma.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

yea, but knobs coming out past the rim would make for a rough ride……….:D

Tekniqe
Participant
@tekniqe

An offroading chariot, maybe. :p

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.