GreenDragon
Participant
@greendragon

I plan on getting a Sword with Roses wrapped around it, for my kids. My son’s middle name is Owen, which means Young Warrior (the sword) and my daughter’s middle name is Rose (the rose).

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

What kind of sword do you want? Broad sword, sabre, rapier? Also what style roses? American traditional, realistic, neo traditional? Give me some specifics and I can draw something up for you. I’m an apprentice and could use all the practice I can get. Most tattoo artists will draw something custom for you anyway. But I can give you a good visual interpretation of what you’d like to have done. See some of my drawings in the tattoo design and flash section of the forums.

GreenDragon
Participant
@greendragon
DavidJednat;83335 wrote:
What kind of sword do you want? Broad sword, sabre, rapier? Also what style roses? American traditional, realistic, neo traditional? Give me some specifics and I can draw something up for you. I’m an apprentice and could use all the practice I can get. Most tattoo artists will draw something custom for you anyway. But I can give you a good visual interpretation of what you’d like to have done. See some of my drawings in the tattoo design and flash section of the forums.

Thanks! I’ll post some images in folder soon.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Here you go! Just a quick drawing mind you. Just to give you an idea of what it could look like. Hope it helped.

9664164f.jpg

b37b4f92.jpg

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

I posted in the other thread saying I liked the idea and now looking at his drawing it looks even better

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yeah I’ve got to say that’s a real good starting point, nice job David. I really love the traditional style daggers from Sailor Jerry, etc. Most daggger flash seems to have the sword going through a heart or rose but I like the way you have them wrapped around the top…nicely done.

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

I think it would be pretty cool to get like heart details incorporated into the sword, Im thinking like on the blade have imprints of roses or something like that.
I have a picture in my head but i dont know if im giving a good description of it lol

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

I think it would be pretty cool to get like heart details incorporated into the sword, Im thinking like on the blade have imprints of roses or something like that.
I have a picture in my head but i dont know if im giving a good description of it lol

Adler
Participant
@adler
TheJuanAndOnly235;83397 wrote:

I’ve seen some with some scrollwork on the blade but you don’t want to clutter it too much either. I think hearts on the blade might be too much. Here’s one with just a little simple scroillwork:
Dagger_by_Israels_daughter.jpg

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235
Adler;83400 wrote:
I’ve seen some with some scrollwork on the blade but you don’t want to clutter it too much either. I think hearts on the blade might be too much. Here’s one with just a little simple scroillwork:

I see what you mean by too much clutter, but looking at this sword I think it would be pretty neat to have a rose in place of the gem right bellow the blade, or at the beginning of the handle, or maybe i am just taking it to far lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.