volatile_ghost
Participant
@volatile_ghost

So I have this idea for a tattoo, and I really want it, but it’s location may not work with having a job or a professional life, and I wanted some insight. To anyone who has a tattoo in a similar area, or a pro who knows what they’re doing, could you help me out with some advice? I’ve posted a photo, and it is on the inside of my left arm/wrist/hand.

the tattoo is of a spiderweb on my hand, spanning from my first finger knuckle to the underside of my thumb that comes back to a bow with tattered ribbons hanging from it. from there, a big open wound stretches about 3 inches down the inside of my wrist/arm, with ribbons laces through my skin, attempting to hold it together, and blood dripping from the ribbon holes and the wound altogether. inside the wound would be bones, muscles, infection, and of course, blood. there is a significant meaning behind the tattoo, but i’m not going into that just yet. any advice would be awesome, thanks! (sorry for the crappy photo and i drew it on myself with a pen, so its just the basic idea!)

2ui7lo0.jpg

J8192
Participant
@j8192

Would you hire someone with a spider web tattoo on their hand, that also was a tattoo of an open wound with bloods, bones and infections?:p I personally wouldn’t get it on my hand because of course potential employers are gonna see it and with what your describing what you want, it may be a bit too much to completely expose to the employer. Of course tons of people have tattoos these days, however the professional/working world still has not accepted them 100% yet. I’m no pro but I would suggest a different location OR a design that compromises with what you want, that isn’t going to be a possible threat to a potential job. 😉 good luck

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Hands, feet and face are deal breakers for me. If I owned any kind of company that faces the public- which is most- I would not be able to hire someone that had visible tats because they might piss off some of the customers.

Cool idea though, if you think you are going to be a self sufficient artist or a permanent barista you should be good.

Smutly
Participant
@smutly

Hello my friend,
As someone who has a tattoo on his hand I can tell you this – while it is technically illegal for an employer to discriminate against you for having visible tattoos in this day and age, I have heard some digracefully poor excuses from prospective employers.
I currently drive a bus and have had nothing but compliments on the colors and general appearance of my tattoos. But prior to taking this job I had to put up with an enormous number of crap excuses at job interviews.
My tattoos were all done while I was working as a mechanic and never caused me a single issue until I screwed my back and needed to look for an alternative career.
As each of the previous commenters will attest, tattoos on the hands, face and neck are still very much frowned upon in most circles. Give it some serious thought before you go ahead. Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.