#34209
lostrocker815
Participant
    @lostrocker815

Sooo.. I dont have any tatts YET but i’m going to start soon!
My first one I already have planned, Its going to be the words ‘Times Like These’ (foo fighters song) on my arm. But its only going to be small so I may get another tattoo around the same time because it will be a special 6 hour drive to the tattoo place. I live in the countryside haha. And I dont want to just get one for that long of a drive. ANY way, my other IDEA is a treble clef music note, but that is so common that I want to put something around it to make it more interesting but I dont know what. Any ideas?
Another idea is some kind of heart as a memorial to my Late family members. But It needs to be more than just the standard heart shape. Maybe I could do something with the heart and music note. Any ideas would help heaps, thanks

#90199
Poesy
Participant
    @poesy

Heya

not wanting to sound like a grandmother or anything, but in your other post you say you’re 16? Depends on where you’re from, but it’s not even legal to get a tattoo at 16 without parental consent.

If you don’t know what you’d want for the other tattoo, don’t get it. You have so many years to fill with ideas and possible tattoos, don’t rush into getting two just to be time effective. My tattoo is tiny, but took over a year’s worth of planning, going round shops and reading up about the process. I didn’t feel the need to get another one just because I’d spent a long time on it.

If you really want the first, and it’s legal, then great. But don’t get another design that you aren’t sure about at the same time.

Poesy


Words may create rare images, within their narrow bounds
Twas speechless childhood taught me these, as music may, in sound
#90200
lostrocker815
Participant
    @lostrocker815
Poesy;70779 wrote:
Heya

not wanting to sound like a grandmother or anything, but in your other post you say you’re 16? Depends on where you’re from, but it’s not even legal to get a tattoo at 16 without parental consent.

If you don’t know what you’d want for the other tattoo, don’t get it. You have so many years to fill with ideas and possible tattoos, don’t rush into getting two just to be time effective. My tattoo is tiny, but took over a year’s worth of planning, going round shops and reading up about the process. I didn’t feel the need to get another one just because I’d spent a long time on it.

If you really want the first, and it’s legal, then great. But don’t get another design that you aren’t sure about at the same time.

Poesy

Hey 😀

Yeah I’m 16 but my mother is into tattoos and she is going to come with me and give consent. It wont be for a while anyway and by the time I do it I’ll be 17.
I totally get what you mean, Iv been planning the first one for two years nearly, so I’m sure about that. I do want to get another one though, but I have plenty of time to think about it. I wont rush into it 😀

Thanks for your reply 🙂

#90225
Cornishtiger
Participant
    @cornishtiger

It took you 2 years to rip off a lyric a full year after the song came out?

WTF you are mentally too young to get a tattoo and if your mum gives consent someone should report her for child abuse!


#90237
lostrocker815
Participant
    @lostrocker815
Cornishtiger;70813 wrote:
It took you 2 years to rip off a lyric a full year after the song came out?

WTF you are mentally too young to get a tattoo and if your mum gives consent someone should report her for child abuse!

I came here for advice not to get bagged thanks. Its taken me a long time to decide on what part of the song and what font to use, where to place it ECT

I shouldnt have to explain but I will, Yeah I am 16, but mentally? Iv been through more than most adults. Not to go into to many details but I have dealt with five deaths in the family in the last 6 years and been through enough pain, loss and grieving that I feel mentally like a adult. The song Times Like These is one of the reasons I got through it all and thats why I’m getting the tattoo. I’m not just a stupid ditzy teenage girl who cares about looking cool and impressing people. Enough said

#90238
ljfran2383
Participant
    @ljfran2383

Not trying to be jerks to you, we’re trying to look out for you.

I’m not gonna talk you out of it, I would do it somewhere less visible for you first tattoo to see if you like it first. I feel that the visible ones should wait until you are a bit older, so you know if you want any visible and a more mature as for making the decsion on what you want EVERYONE to see.

Perhaps instead of doing a qoute, you can pictorially depict some qoute or song you love.

this guy really nailed that concept.

http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooforum/viewtopic.php?t=13903

If I were to get anything at your age, I would have your mom “approve” it first, because her tastes have likely matured enough to know what will/will not be regrettable in 20-30 years.

btw, seems you are getting a tattoo just to get one. I would sleep on it a while. search around forums, save pics you like. eventually you will come up with something awesome. Personally, for me it can be a bit tough to brainstorm, because I dont get tattoos for meaning, to me its just art. but after a couple months of idea searching an drawing, I have my next peice planned out

#90250
lostrocker815
Participant
    @lostrocker815
ljfran2383;70828 wrote:
Not trying to be jerks to you, we’re trying to look out for you.

I’m not gonna talk you out of it, I would do it somewhere less visible for you first tattoo to see if you like it first. I feel that the visible ones should wait until you are a bit older, so you know if you want any visible and a more mature as for making the decsion on what you want EVERYONE to see.

Perhaps instead of doing a qoute, you can pictorially depict some qoute or song you love.

this guy really nailed that concept.

http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooforum/viewtopic.php?t=13903

If I were to get anything at your age, I would have your mom “approve” it first, because her tastes have likely matured enough to know what will/will not be regrettable in 20-30 years.

btw, seems you are getting a tattoo just to get one. I would sleep on it a while. search around forums, save pics you like. eventually you will come up with something awesome. Personally, for me it can be a bit tough to brainstorm, because I dont get tattoos for meaning, to me its just art. but after a couple months of idea searching an drawing, I have my next peice planned out

Thanks 😀

Yeah I’m thinking that, I mean, I still want the times like these one, just might do it not too big and somewhere I can cover up with clothing.
Thats pretty cool that guys picorial one.

My mum has approved it, she said as long as I’m sure about it. I’m just going to start with small ones. And I honestly am not getting one just to get one, thats not me, I dont really do things to be cool or fit in with friends or anything like that, I just feel that tattoos tell a story and I want to show my story on my skin. If that makes sense haha 😀

Cool what is your next tattoo going to be? Just being nosey hehe

#90352
ljfran2383
Participant
    @ljfran2383

its hard to explain. lurk these forums for a couple of years and you may see it. 😉

#90353
lostrocker815
Participant
    @lostrocker815
ljfran2383;70962 wrote:
its hard to explain. lurk these forums for a couple of years and you may see it. 😉

Will do lol, I find forums very addictive. lol just like tattoos are.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.