Dmac
Participant
@dmac

So I’ve been thinking about getting a half sleeve, from my wrist to my elbow (quarter sleeve?) on either video game characters or marine life. If I do the marine life I have a vague idea of what I’d like so that’s not really the problem.

The problem is that I’m leaning more towards the video game idea and have no idea what to do for it. I know what number of characters I want in it (5-8) but don’t know which ones to choose. or what they should be doing (posing, fighting, etc.). Or what the background should be. Or to go 16-bit or more of what games look like now.

So what I’m asking is for ideas for video game characters. Mainly from N64 and up. (I didn’t play to much on the NES/SNES so I would know most of the characters.)

Thanks!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’m not much of a gamer so I can’t help there but….

Why a video game tattoo? is this something that you are going to want on you for the rest of your life? It’s an honest question… Pop culture tattoos like movies, bands and video games make me scratch my head.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

My dude is looking to do the same thing. He’s going to have all of them fighting, but he hasn’t worked out exactly who he wants in it.

I’m interested to see how it turns out, if you do get it.

You should pick characters from your favorite games.

Dmac
Participant
@dmac
Gsouder;68391 wrote:
I’m not much of a gamer so I can’t help there but….

Why a video game tattoo? is this something that you are going to want on you for the rest of your life? It’s an honest question… Pop culture tattoos like movies, bands and video games make me scratch my head.

I already have one game tattoo on the inside of my left forearm. I’m just a pretty hardcore gamer. Have been since I was 7. So, I guess it would be something commemorating all the good times I’ve had with video games.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Dmac;68496 wrote:
I guess it would be something commemorating all the good times I’ve had with video games.

Personally I’d say that’s exactly why you need to spend some time on designing this and deciding for yourself which characters to choose. We can’t tell you which characters have brought you good times. Only you can do that.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Well, I can’t say I get it but it’s not my place to get it anyway…

I agree with Arnividar, you need to pick the content of the tat and once you have that I would spend a few hours going over Google for ideas on how to put it on your body. I just did a quick search myself and there are whole forums dedicated to this topic.

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

A Lara Croft tat would be hot. So many possibilities.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Infamous78;68619 wrote:

Actually, Lara Croft was just made to be a pinup.. interesting idea you got there 😀

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates
Dmac;68390 wrote:
So I’ve been thinking about getting a half sleeve, from my wrist to my elbow (quarter sleeve?) on either video game characters or marine life. If I do the marine life I have a vague idea of what I’d like so that’s not really the problem.

The problem is that I’m leaning more towards the video game idea and have no idea what to do for it. I know what number of characters I want in it (5-8) but don’t know which ones to choose. or what they should be doing (posing, fighting, etc.). Or what the background should be. Or to go 16-bit or more of what games look like now.

So what I’m asking is for ideas for video game characters. Mainly from N64 and up. (I didn’t play to much on the NES/SNES so I would know most of the characters.)

Thanks!

DO A FIGHT SCENE FROM SUPER SMASH BROS.!

…seriously, that’d be sooooo awesome. 😀

Dmac
Participant
@dmac
Infamous78;68619 wrote:

Oh…Lara Croft. Forgot about that one.
Thanks!

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

This might be a divider of age groups…

But I don’t know many people my age who didn’t play pokemon loads when they were little.

Not overly macho, but certainly overly awesome

Dmac
Participant
@dmac

Even though it could be a, there are recognizable characters. Like Megaman, Link, Ryu, et. etc.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.