DukesNeedToChewToo
Participant
@dukesneedtochewtoo

I’m thinking of getting a Banksy tattoo here on my arm http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/chewie_666/arm_1_lg.gif?t=1269301961 but I am really struggling to find something good.

I love the one of the girl holding the heart balloon but imo there is too many people with it. I was looking around and I saw this http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/chewie_666/th_banksy-kids-on-guns.jpg I absolutely love the image but then I found out it’s the cover of a Blur album. I don’t like Blur in the slightest so would it be a bit stupid of me to get this?

Or is there another Banksy image you think would work better as a tattoo?

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

when it come’s to getting some’es famous painting or something, just get what you like. i personally love banksy’s art. who cares if a lot of other people have it?? when it comes to famous artist’s work, no matter what you get a lot of people are going to have it. so fuck it, get it, its no a custom piece, its not original, but its a famous work of art. i’ve personally been thinking of getting banksy’s fallen angel near my angel on my chest…. i’l sure a lot of people already have it, but i love banksy, and i think it would compliment my guardian angel….

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

when it come’s to getting some’es famous painting or something, just get what you like. i personally love banksy’s art. who cares if a lot of other people have it?? when it comes to famous artist’s work, no matter what you get a lot of people are going to have it. so fuck it, get it, its no a custom piece, its not original, but its a famous work of art. i’ve personally been thinking of getting banksy’s fallen angel near my angel on my chest…. i’l sure a lot of people already have it, but i love banksy, and i think it would compliment my guardian angel….

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I have to say that the heart balloon and girl makes an awesome tattoo piece. I considered getting it myself – I really do not care if others have it.

I have been a Banksy fan for years and it is a sign of great art if you want a replica of it on yourself.

Personally i would avoid the Blur one if you are not a fan as many ppl may see it as a wow a fellow fan and chat away on it. 🙂

The middle ground is to take both images and see what it is about them you really like and get your artist to draw up a piece inspired by it.

Take Care
Matthew

DukesNeedToChewToo
Participant
@dukesneedtochewtoo

Thanks Sherav, I am not an artist or anything of the sort, but I do mess with Photoshop a lot so I tried this out. What do you guys think of it? I’m open to honesty – you’re the experts :p

baloon.jpg

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i personally like the picture you made, but my concern with it would be placement… something with a very flat bottom and stuff like that is hard to make look “right” on the body.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.