Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’m making this thread to get a few ideas, get some creative juices flowing 🙂
I started on a sleeve a couple months ago, and had nearly 9 hours put into it so far – we started at the wrist and have been shading as we’ve been going up.

The theme is a sort of old-school with a new school twist to it I guess.
So far I have coloured flames, with a big green skull underneath the flames, a voodoo doll on the underside of my arm underneath the flames, a spider-web on my elbow with flames just licking it and blue/green/gold colours in between the flames (kinda looks like peacock feathers).
The emphasis is on colour (so far it’s VERY bright and colourful) and leaving as little skin as possible un-tattooed.

My artist, Mark, filled out part of the paper work for me at the last sitting. The question was ‘What are you getting tattooed today?’ and he wrote ‘Fucked up shit’ (hence the thread name :p)

All I’m looking for is some ideas/pictures that would fit the theme well, that I can add to my arm as I move upwards. Any dark/old-school/twisted, colourful stuff that will work well with flames overlapping parts of them.
If anyone has some pictures of melting clocks too, please post ’em here, as I’d like to incorporate some of those too 🙂

I don’t want to put pictures of the work on my arm so far, as I’d rather wait ’til it’s finished, but if I really have to, I will.
… and if you’ve read everything above this, congratulations, I didn’t mean to write a wall of text!

@

Flaming skulls are a really cliche design not very creative.Your obviously trying your hardest to look like a bad ass

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
kcity3;56654 wrote:
Flaming skulls are a really cliche design not very creative.Your obviously trying your hardest to look like a bad ass

Ouch – burn

You will find pretty much every theme in Tattooing has been done to death the challenge is to have “new spins on an old concept” lets see his arm when he is done before we pas judgment

@

Alright fine But from what he described in his post Ive already seen designs similar

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo
kcity3;56654 wrote:

It will still turn out better than a fat-ass anime girl on his stomach.

Joker, let me do some searching and get back to ya

dine
Participant
@dine

What about some script in flames?

So far away we wait for the day
For the light source so wasted and gone
We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days
Through the fire and the flames we carry on

Dragonforce; Through the Fire and Flames.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Here are some things that I found that I like that incorporate color and dark art

40255-bigthumbnail.jpg

04.jpg

devil-tattoo-art.jpg

Or what about a zombie pin up girl?
http://www.pulpmovies.com/blog/wp-content/zombiepinup.jpg

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I like that Rotten Toons devil face !:cool:

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

WOW theres a lot of love going on here….seriously though, play nice boys!

have found a melting clock with some nice blues and golds in:
http://blog.fernandobrito.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/melting-clock-276×300.jpg

x

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
kcity3;56654 wrote:

Hahahahaha nice try anime boy, pics are on the way.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Excuse the flakes, it’s still peeling. I wet it first, for the sake of the picture.
Forearmfront.jpg

Forearmback.jpg

Kcity – point me towards someone who has this EXACT tattoo. Pfft, trying to look like a badass, coming from a guy who wanted to get the Columbine killers portraits tattooed on them!!

Dine – thanks for the suggestion, but I can’t stand Dragonforce, and I already have enough script on my chest and back, I’ve put my foot down and gone against getting any on my arm or else I’ll turn into a book!

Ontwo – I really like that chick, looks awesome, but I haven’t seen any portrait work done by Mark before. If I got her, she’d have to be done really well. I’ll keep it anyway, see what happens.
As for the zombie pin-up girl, that’s a great idea, I’ll keep looking for one that really grabs my attention. The one you posted is great too, I’ll keep that one 😉 Feel free to post more you may find!

Miss_Ivy – Thanks for the picture, that’s what I’m looking for 🙂 I’ll keep it for reference for Mark.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Wow! I love it. The colors are very nice.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
eatatjerms;56730 wrote:
Wow! I love it. The colors are very nice.

Thanks, it’ll all get touched up once we’ve finished the arm. Still flaking, so it’ll look nicer in a week or so.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

I see you have a spider web on your elbow? Why not incorporate some flesh eating spiders into that? I was going to suggest a Zombie chic as well. Or look to some of the older horror flicks like Dolls and Trick or Treat…..

I LOVE the colors….looks pretty sick so far! Can’t wait to see it finished

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Thanks Blue, spiders are on the list, flesh eating ones are a nice touch 🙂
Won’t be finished for a long while yet, Mark’s got a month long waiting list for those who will sit the maximum amount of time he’ll do at one sitting (four hours). What you see there is 2 sessions work, the next session is Jan. 28th, so won’t be completed for quite a few months yet!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.