combat
Participant
@combat

Hi there. I am going to be getting my first tattoo very soon (maybe next week during the holiday) and am just looking for a suggestion. I tried looking around google for something and nothing really struck me for what I am looking for.

Basically I lost my job last year for almost a full year. I lost basically everything I owned including my house, vehicle and most of my personal property because I had to sell all of it to stay on my feet. Well I’ve got a job now and slowly getting back into it and I’m just looking for something that could represent having hard times or struggling and making it through.

What would be something for this?

combat
Participant
@combat

83 views and not a single reply…I was expecting a lot more from the #1 google search result for tattoo forum

tattman91
Participant
@tattman91

ok mate. well you could go for the koi (japanese carp)or the pheonix they resemble the the survival and transformation from one thing to another. the Determination the stand their ground and evolve into somethig beautiful.
Each of these would greatly resemble your story and the hard times you have been through. though hard you have survived and evolved into the person you are today.

I myself have a koi half sleeve that a freind is doing. My design stands for the change in my life. The change i have chosen to fulfill. From where i was headed to where i am now.

From what you have been through, it is clear that you are a strong human being and these are strong elelments of a tattoo.
Just some ideas.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
combat;53321 wrote:
83 views and not a single reply…I was expecting a lot more from the #1 google search result for tattoo forum

Those views don’t necessarily mean they’re from members.
From what you’ve described, the first thing I picture is a raised fist, kinda like the Metallica St. Anger logo.

sorrowlovesEmilie
Participant
@sorrowlovesemilie

its very hard for this sort of idea, as many people go through struggles (hence many many people have koi/ phoenix tattoos) this isnt a bad thing it just means its hard to get an original peace for this meaning, I like the fist idea and an artist could probs do something really good for you if you find the right artist, maybe find a quote you like about resiliance or pulling through to go around the fist,and maybe an image of some of your most precious things that you had to lose to make it more personal to you…..theres also many different symbols resembling strength and resilience and power ( which im guessing you have to have alot of to get through something like that) which you could also incorporate into it, get as many images as you like, find a good tattoo artist and have a sit in with them, then they’ll try and work you up a few different designs that you like 🙂 thats all the advice i got for now im afraid.

wak
Participant
@wak

Since this isn’t the first global financial hard times… perhaps a search into some of the imagery from the last great depression. Some of the artists, writers and musicians that communicated the hardships of the common man and labor camps etc. like Woody Guthry, Utah Philips, Steinbeck etc. Maybe you’ll find some inspirartion there.

Good Luck.

sorrowlovesEmilie
Participant
@sorrowlovesemilie

I’m liking that idea! it would require an artist with alot of talent but i bet itd be great to pull off..though you’d also have to think about placing and size of the tattoo….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.