bex.stone29
    Participant
    @bex-stone29

Thank you
    I liked the idea of a workshop but kind of agree that it could be quite busy.
    So do you think hazy ranges and road would work best?

…haha, felt the pressure to get this one right because my old man gave me the subject

VincentPenning
    Participant
    @vincentpenning

yo, I like what youre making, and I liked the paint on the back. Be ware though that tattooing is very very difficult and stuff like this is next level stuff.. You should only start thinking about doing a big back like that after 1,5 or 2 years of tattooing or else you will fuck it up.

That being said, I think youre drawing a bit out of your league. I like the motorbike, but this is also super hard to tattoo – actuallly its pretty untattooable due to a lot of reasons in the design. A good drawing is not automatically a good tattoo ๐Ÿ™‚

If you really want to learn stuff in these weeks, I think you should do smaller simpler stuff, and do more of them. Buy tattoo magazines and books and focus on 1 thing: like roses. I see you like the realistic stuff so just draw roses or butterflys for a month… And try to make a nice one each week. Trust me, doing it like this will feel sloooooow but is actually fast fast fast!

Your art is good but if you want to tattoo, make tattoos! Just small ones! Focus on roses, butterflys, script and make sure you get a good solid apprenticeship.

All the best!

Vince

bex.stone29
    Participant
    @bex-stone29

Thanks so much for the advice, its really good to get different opinions. I do understand that I wouldn’t be able to tattoo this stuff to begin with, I’ve mostly been trying to upskill with my drawing. The majority of these pictures are for my project so there is an underlying brief that I have to conform to and part of that was to put our work out there on a site and get feedback so I really appreciate you giving me some ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll take that advice and do some smaller stuff I think, it makes sense. This challenge hasn’t quite panned out how I expected and its turned into more of a drawing thing rather than tattoo designs. I do like to surround myself with tattoo art and hopefully its not a bad thing that I have high expectations of tattoo because I think it will just make me work harder to achieve that level of realism and creativity, I do know Im not at the level yet.

Thanks again, that was valuable stuff.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.