bex.stone29
    Participant
    @bex-stone29

So I have set myself a challenge for the duration of my first project this year. Over the next 14 weeks I will produce one tattoo design a week in order to keep up my drawing/painting practices and encourage creative thinking. I have set out three jars that each contain an element that I consider important to tattoo design; colour, position on the body and the subject matter. Each week I will pick one of each element from the jars and create a work that incorporates those three things.

This is my design for week 2-
    Subject matter: Leopard
    Position on body: Right shoulder
    Colour: Yellow

I have been looking at Gene Coffey as an artist model and my design was influenced by his work.

IMG_2056edit_zps94c7f5da.jpg

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Keep it simple.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

As Jerry said you are drawing way over your skill level

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Agreed with the last comments. Far above your skill level at this time, keep it simple, learn about decay and anatomy if you want to draw things like this.

bex.stone29
    Participant
    @bex-stone29

Ok thank you for the advice. much appreciated. Is the concept there though?
    This was week ones drawing, bit more simple. Could I get some thoughts on it too? . . .I do know the shadow is slightly off.

IMG_2047_zps99b59f75.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

As you already know that your shadow is off remember your light source.
    The scale is off the receiver is way to big foe the hand grip and the barrel, You would have to hold it with two fingers.
    Other wise better than the pic before

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

The trigger looks odd.
    But that’s probably all in my head.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I was thinking of pie. It must have a hair trigger.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I know nothing about drawing so I will just post to up my post count 🙂

bex.stone29
    Participant
    @bex-stone29

Thanks for the crit on the gun. Now someones said I can see clearly how out of proportion that handle is. This one I did with cheap face paint on a friend, just to play around with the idea. It’s the basic shape of New Zealand. . .refreshing to get good honest critique, only way to learn, so fire away 🙂

IMG_1241_zpsf3210104.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I like it.
    I have no idea if they are or not but are the muscles anatomically correct for their location?

bex.stone29
    Participant
    @bex-stone29

Sweet. I did study the muscle structure for this but if I was to paint it again I would add the white part over the spine and I think the bottom part isnt quite right. The top definitely is though.

bex.stone29
    Participant
    @bex-stone29

Looking for some advice for the background of this. Tried to get proportion better on this drawing but wondering what would be best to put in the background if this was going to be a full grey scale back piece? My first thought was open road and ranges but I’d love to discuss something more creative.
    IMG_2102e_zps0a97bd6e.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I think an old motorcycle garage scene would be cool, Something like this

Goodwood-Revival-garages.jpg

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I wouldn’t clutter it up with a busy background there’s enough going on with the bike itself.
    I like this one the most. But I’m biased cause I own a few.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.