dimmuborgirman
Participant
@dimmuborgirman

Hi everybody; I have this idea that a friend helped me draw, this is a victorian masquerade that I wanna get on my shoulder. the only thing I didn’t like is the background and my tattoo artist told me that it wouldn’t fit well on my shoulder…..I would like it to have a background though, but I haven’t found a nice one that could fit around the mask. I’m searching for a barroque, gothic type of background. Can you guys help me with some ideas or links that could fit well? Thanks everyone! 🙂

serigiosepia.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That background completely ruins that picture. Why does it need a background? The mask is is very detailed and should work well on it’s own.

Oh, and Dimmu borgir is awesome 😀

Amok
Participant
@amok
ArniVidar;90564 wrote:
That background completely ruins that picture. Why does it need a background? The mask is is very detailed and should work well on it’s own.

Oh, and Dimmu borgir is awesome 😀

Gotta agree with this, that mask will look even better without the background.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Yep. I was going to say the same. There is so much detail in the mask, (very well executed, btw), that any background would just detract from it. Unless you get some half-assed artist to do it. Then it might need a background and a foreground!

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Dave Van;90597 wrote:
Unless you get some half-assed artist to do it. Then it might need a background and a foreground!

I believe they call them thing’s “Cover-Up’s” :p

dimmuborgirman
Participant
@dimmuborgirman

Thank you guys! I’ll talk with my tattoo artist about your opinions. I guess it’s a good option to leave the mask without a background or maybe just add a little bit of shadowing around it. I’ll post pics when I get it done next week!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Cool! I hope he does it justice!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Yes… a shadow to indicate that the mask is ‘floating’ above your skin, and a good 3D on the mask, could be awesome.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Just took another look. That texture in the shaded areas looks like it would be a real bitch to pull off! I hope you have a killer artist, man. Not tryin’ ta scare ya, just sayin…

dimmuborgirman
Participant
@dimmuborgirman

Well, I finally got it done last Thursday; just one session and I’m very pleased with the result! 😀 I’ll upload some pics in a couple of weeks after it fully heals.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.