neonkink
Participant
@neonkink

I’ve had the idea for quite a while now, a woman riding on a horse and painting the silver linings onto the clouds – it’s based on a dream I had when I was a kid. Trouble is, i just didn’t know how to depict it as a tattoo. As a separate piece, I wanted a rose, thistle and daffodil (i was born english, raised scottish and now live in wales) and just this weekend decided to combine the two so see the effect.

So this is the rough draft I came up with

1g5109.jpg

Obviously it needs a lot of work, for starters i had no idea how to draw clouds! I worry there might be too many different colours that could make it look disjointed, clumsy, and havent decided whether to have the centerpiece in full colour or as black and grey yet. I’d also like to make it hourglass shaped to suit my female back which i have no idea how to do

Any comments and opinions appreciated

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

That’s rad, could turn into an awesome back piece. Make sure to research your artist first and find one who has the style you’re looking for. I think this would be awesome as a more realistic style, which I’m sure from your sketch, any tattoo artist could nail it.

Adler
Participant
@adler

That has serious potential. As always the most important thing is taking your time and doing the research to find the right artist…where are you maybe we can help. Once you find an artist show them the drawing and they will be able to tell you how it would translate to a tattoo and what modifications would need to be made and which colors would work.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Great idea. Seems like I have seen something like this before. Take your time and make sure you find the right artist for it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.