The Antagonist
@

I’ve been assigned the laborous task of designing my boyfriend’s tattoo. I want to do him a favor by getting as much feedback on it as possible before he gets it done. So..

taylastat-wip.png

It’ll be on his back, with the hand reaching up over his shoulder. We’re still debating on what should go inside the tear. We were thinking just some creepy mist coming out, but if anyone can think of something better that would be awesome. Also, how does the arm/hand look? It’s gotta be pretty realistic so critique is much encouraged. I’ve never really drawn anything skeletal before, so I can’t judge it that well myself.

Thanks a bunchh.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Looks great, for some reason and I am not saying it in a bad way as I love the Bones brigade but it does remind me a lil of this

ripper.gif

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I don’t know what’s bothering me about it, but there’s something ‘off’ with that arm. I really can’t place the exact spot. It all looks a bit… thin. (And yes, I do realize it’s bones and missing all the muscles and flesh and whatnot :))

As for that tear, if that is going to be a full backpiece it’s going to need a massive amount of detail, and mist would just ruin it.

Becsholleytattoo
Participant
@becsholleytattoo

It’s not the arm that’s wrong exactly but the balance of scales between the arm and the tear. Best advice? Take the picture to the tattooist and let him/her deal with the design, they’ll almost certainly want to change it anyway.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

If its going on his back then you should try to make it realistic. Would see parts of spine and ribs with some torn muscle. Try to aviod adding too much blood, that always ruins a tat for me with dripping blood and stuff like that.
The arm should be actual size and take up most of the tear, it will look stupid if you do a scaled down version of the arm.

inkbyj
Participant
@inkbyj

I would say more wrist and hand, less arm. You could get some wicked detail in this if you made the hand and wrist much larger and took most of the arm out. Bigger tends to be better for the longevity and shear impact of the tattoo.

chemik
Participant
@chemik

let us know what size its gonna be. you dont wanna be too detailed unless you want the details to run together and the tattoo look “muddy” after it heals. Or unless you get an artist that can work very very small detail and still keep it crisp. Not too many of those around. Post up some updates. ๐Ÿ™‚

guitarguy1
Participant
@guitarguy1

you could always get that boiling radioactive green with black in the tear so it looks like its crawling out of the ooze, trying to take over ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

So – did he ever get it done???

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.