Punainen
Participant
@punainen

Okay so, here’s some drawings and flash I’ve done in class and then colored at home with markers and watercolour pencils.
Some of the pics are bit blurry and the colors are a bit off due to my lack of scanning equipment and skills in photography.. : D

Meqdusa.jpg

ZOmbi.jpg

paakallo.jpg
Don’t mind the photos… This is on the cover of my portfolio done in school.

Puukko.jpg

Comments & critique welcome!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

scratching my head at the 1st one :rolleyes: sorry im not sure what it is ?
flower or jelly fish ?

i really like the old school ones

JamesRussom
Participant
@jamesrussom

Dont know what your using to make your flash sheets.But let me make a recommendation use good paper pigment pens and prisma colors .Press hard for bright colors saturate the colors and it will seem to be alot more solid of a design.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

nice pieces of art there buddy, there is a market for good flash, you just need some decent coulour pencils now and decent paper to work on….. as was said allready prisma color pens and pencils are the best to use…. most that try them say they are the dogz bollox :rolleyes:

i certainly look forward to seing some more of your work

Punainen
Participant
@punainen

Butterfly_Kisses: Yeah it’s a jellyfish. ๐Ÿ˜›

JamesRussom: I’ve done them at class on my sketchbook. I think it’s basically only a bit thicker than the average copying paper, definetly not proper watercolor paper which I know I should use… but it’s just so damn expensive :D. I’ve been thinking on buying some proper watercolors and paper and start experimenting with them when I have some spare cash.

Thanks for the comments! ๐Ÿ™‚

[edit] Outlaw: yeah might as well buy some proper watercolor pens. These Derwent ones are just a bit… crappy.

Punainen
Participant
@punainen

Some more flash practice, made this few weeks ago.

fucklove.jpg

This one is actually done on some low quality watercolor paper. I think the colors are better on this one but more practice is needed. That ribbon with the text(whatever it is really called my english vocabulary isn’t yet that good) blends too much with the background and that red globe behind the razor.. it just doesn’t work.

Tell me what you think!

JamesRussom
Participant
@jamesrussom

You should really study the style your trying to put down.Its good but this style has laws that are very strong.1/3 black shading 1/3 medium color to 1/3 highlight.Dont be afraid to blend a darker color to a lighter one and with the prisma color set get a blender to make the light colors fade to your edges.Good paper if found alsmost everywhere prismas work best on recycled paper .good luck dude

Punainen
Participant
@punainen
JamesRussom;50013 wrote:
You should really study the style your trying to put down.Its good but this style has laws that are very strong.1/3 black shading 1/3 medium color to 1/3 highlight.Dont be afraid to blend a darker color to a lighter one and with the prisma color set get a blender to make the light colors fade to your edges.Good paper if found alsmost everywhere prismas work best on recycled paper .good luck dude

Thanks for the advice. I’ve been looking a lot of old & newschool tattoos lately. One of my favorites is Matzon from Zombie Tattoo, Finland. Check it out if interested: http://www.zombietattoo.fi/kuvat/flash/flash.html
I’ve been trying to copy his style a bit to learn the shadings and lines etc.

I’ll keep on practicing and posting images as soon as I get some proper equipment and something finished.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

They’re looking pretty good since you’re still in school. How old are you?
Keep up the good work.

Punainen
Participant
@punainen
Joker1;50126 wrote:
They’re looking pretty good since you’re still in school. How old are you?
Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I’m 19.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Dude

If your drawing skills are that honed by 19 with a few more years practice and the right equipment you will succeed as an artist.

Keep the drawings coming I really like them.

Take Care
Matthew

Punainen
Participant
@punainen

Thank you for the feedback :)!

My friend turns 18 next saturday so I decided to do a birthday card for him.

synttarikortti.jpg
The text says: “Happy Birthday Lauri!” in finnish.

I somehow managed to f*ck up the contrast in this one, but I’m quite happy with how it turned out.
The paper I’m using is still some low grade watercolour paper, so it began to “wear” as I added more layers. That reddish shade behind the ribbon doesn’t work, should have made it green or something… and that orange “sun” should be a bit more colorful. I’ll fix it when it’s completely dry.

Criticism & comments welcome!

[edit]: Oh and by the way, tomorrow I’ll be inked for the first time! Sooo excited!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I like it a lot.

As a small constructive criticism I would suggest more colour emphasis on the eyes and a bolder lining on the hat so that the stripes stand out more against the shade.

Great stuff though.

What are you having done as a first tattoo?

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

love the card , i like butterflies by the way ๐Ÿ˜‰
just incase you felt like drawing something up ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Punainen
Participant
@punainen

Sherav: Yeah the eyes and the hat need some work also.
As my first tattoo I’m getting an old-school titanic-like steamboat with an aztec figurehead and faces on the funnel pipes(chimneys? funnels? whatever…) on the back of my forearm. Takes about five hours to finish and it costs like hell, but it’ll definetly be worth it as the sketch drawn by the artist I saw earlier was pure awesomeness.

Butterfly_Kisses: Thanks! I haven’t drawn butterflies that much, but maybe I’ll give it a try when I’m in the mood ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.