djaziatic
Participant
@djaziatic

Hello, I recently lost my friend to Leiomyo Sarcoma aka soft tissue sarcoma cancer. He was only 26. So I wanted to get a Lion tattoo and a cancer ribbon, but im unsure of what or how to make both flow well with eachother.I would like to also embed my friends initials within the ribbon C.C. He also liked the saying “What we do in life, lives in eternity” I was thinking about putting this together with the tattoo as well. This will be my first tattoo…and an important one…so I would like it to be right. Any helps or suggestions would be appreciated. I wanted it on my left upper arm starting near the end of the shoulder. Thanks again.

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

I’m sorry to hear about your friend passing. I know the feeling all too well.

I think you’re going to get some good advice here on designs and what you should strive for.

Good luck!

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Seems like a lot of bad news on the forum as of late…

It’s a very doable idea. Your best bet is to try and find a tattoo artist in your area. The good ones love to work on designs like this, since most of them are artists to begin with. Just tell them what you told us about what you want to do and see what they come up with.

A word of caution about script, though. Sometime too much script can come out oddly, or can start to deteriorate after time. Just use caution, somethimes the best tattoos are the pictures. You know the old saying, “A picture says a thousand words”, right?

You could have a lion head with the ribbon going around the neck and your friends intials on the ribbon. Or, maybe a lion with a ribbon for a background, and the lion could have a collar with sort of a “dog tag” on him with the initials on it? Sort of like a picture of someone with a flag in the background, you know?

An artist will be able to nail this down, they are awesome. Find someone in your area that does good work, look for referrals from people with good, quality tattoos. Look online at their portfolios (can’t always trust whats posted, though. Some people cheat and hijack other artists’ work). Ask around here, too. People know artists all over the place here. You’ll have to give them a small deposit to work on your design once you find someone, but that gets credited toward you tattoo cost, so it’s no biggie.

Good luck with it. Let us know how it goes and post a pic when its done so we can see.

djaziatic
Participant
@djaziatic

Thanks, I appreciate the ideas. Does anyone know any credible tattoo artists in Portland, OR?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
djaziatic;98358 wrote:
Does anyone know any credible tattoo artists in Portland, OR?

I’m sorry for your loss. I also lost my dad to Leiomyo Sarcoma what a horrible disease.

Portland is rich with some good talent. You may want to go to the Portland tattoo expo this weekend and check out some artists.
Again sorry for your loss.

djaziatic
Participant
@djaziatic

I’m sorry for your loss as well Buttwheat. But sadly I am scheduled to work this weekend and will not be able to attend the expo….dang it…wish i could.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

If it were me I play hookey for a day.
If not try D’lacie http://www.opticnervearts.com/dlacie-mcbride.html# She a great person and I think she pretty cute.

djaziatic
Participant
@djaziatic

I just got my Lion Tattoo with a Cancer ribbon in remembrance of my good friend who past away to cancer last month. Was inked at Raven Ink in Portland, OR by Wade, took 2 hours. 1 day old.

lion.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Did you try D’lacie?

djaziatic
Participant
@djaziatic

buttwheat, nah i did not. i asked my friends who had tatts and they suggested I head to Raven Ink. I am really pleased with his work so far.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.