RiseAgainst
Participant
@riseagainst

So I Posted in the General area first ( http://www.thetattooforum.com/has-ever-been-done-t19802.html ) and then saw this section and was wondering if anyone could help me with this Idea?

paper-wings-tattoo.jpg

I am looking to Keep the middle rise against symbol the same but the wings I want to incorporate the full lyrics of one or two songs! I am looking for more traditional wings but have all the details on the inside be the words to the songs! so farther away it looks like an abstract rough wings, but when you look closer you see a full song written out! anyone know or want to try anything like this?

thanks for the help!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

sound slike too much text, over time line width grows, I think it would muddy up,
even if the line weight was very small I think it would look messy, but thats just my 2 cents

Adler
Participant
@adler
mrchen;97691 wrote:
sound slike too much text, over time line width grows, I think it would muddy up,
even if the line weight was very small I think it would look messy, but thats just my 2 cents

Yup, what he said. Text is the new tribal I guess and for some reason people are feeling the need to write long quotes, sayings and lyrics on their bodies. Unless you’re taking up your whole back it will look like crap, and if you do take up a large space with lyrics it will still look like crap in my opinion.

RiseAgainst
Participant
@riseagainst
Adler;97692 wrote:
Yup, what he said. Text is the new tribal I guess and for some reason people are feeling the need to write long quotes, sayings and lyrics on their bodies. Unless you’re taking up your whole back it will look like crap, and if you do take up a large space with lyrics it will still look like crap in my opinion.

Thanks It will definitly give me something to think about I go in to get my first tattoo this October and have him come up with a renedering of this Idea so Ill see how it looks and decide.

Thanks for the Advice!

Adler
Participant
@adler

I would also advise against going all black. Find a good artist that can do good black and grey shading so there is some contrast so it doesn’t just look like a black stamp of ink.

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

Just don’t have this same artist do it, either. This one looks like shit.

I think Adler nailed it, though…the shading is what will make yours look creative and unique.

RiseAgainst
Participant
@riseagainst
KillianMick;97698 wrote:
Just don’t have this same artist do it, either. This one looks like shit.

I think Adler nailed it, though…the shading is what will make yours look creative and unique.

Haha no this is just a randow internet picture I found of the general idea. I am going to a very reputable artist in Oklahoma (where I live) that has about a 6 month waiting list to see . not saying a long waitning list is what makes him good but i really like his work and he is very talented. I will definitly try shading. I think the Grey on black would look really good! Thanks alot guys you are a big help 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.