Hummerodi
Participant
@hummerodi

So, first time poster here, first tattoo, and first disaster. I work/play in environments that arent good for medic alert necklaces and such, so I decided to make an effort and put my info in ink.

Well, I whipped up a simple design in photoshop, and somehow, when the artist edited the text it got retyped (incorrectly) and in my excitement and fear of needles, I didn’t notice when it was transferred to skin.

SO, basically, Im looking to cover up the “penecillin”, write “penicillin” below chlorhexidine and add some more to the whole piece. We could even cover both the penecillin and chlorhexidine and write them out somewhere else. ANYTHING to get a spelling error off me!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6379/imag0038ee.jpg

I have no issues with a significant part of my arm being covered in ink, but my creativity for covering this up has been lacking.

Thanks for any help!

kateglauds
Participant
@kateglauds

Not sure about the cover-up/fix design, but as someone who works in emergency medicine… I wouldn’t have a clue what that meant if I saw it…. you might want to signal that you’re allergic to them in addition. People get crazy tattoos for crazy reasons, we’re not going to look at that in an emergency situation and automatically know you’re allergic to them…

Hummerodi
Participant
@hummerodi

Thanks, this is all that was on my bracelet, so I didn’t think of putting anything else, but I will!

kateglauds
Participant
@kateglauds

on a bracelet it’s more implied…. go to your local fire house and see what they think… if they understand it right away then you should be good…. just something to think about.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

imag0038ee.jpg

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver
kateglauds;84826 wrote:
Not sure about the cover-up/fix design, but as someone who works in emergency medicine… I wouldn’t have a clue what that meant if I saw it…. you might want to signal that you’re allergic to them in addition. People get crazy tattoos for crazy reasons, we’re not going to look at that in an emergency situation and automatically know you’re allergic to them…

agreed…………..you could have “i am alergic to penicillin” tattooed on your face…….and nobody is going to think that it is a medalert bracelet…….

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I’d definitely say cover the top or both words up with something else, and then re-type the whole thing (with clarification) someplace else (close by).

I definitely agree that on it’s own it doesn’t say anything about whether or not you’re allergic to them, and would increase confusion if anything.

amanaman11
Participant
@amanaman11

you can definately cover the bottom part,, maybe a ribbon or banner – regardless. would’ve never noticed or even realized the misspelling

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.