RanWal
Participant
@ranwal

posted this in my intro but figured this is the more appropriate place.

I have no idea where to begin, just a story and some suggestions. So here we go:

The history I was born into a family addicted to drugs and alcohol. My birth mom was addicted to Heroine, so I was exposed in utero for my first eight months of gestation. At six months of age, I was abandoned with my older birth brother. I was put into the foster care system. I bounced around from home to home until I was settled into a home for 5 months.

In the meantime, my brother (2 years old) had been placed with another family, the ****** family. I was stable and loved there for about a year, when my birth mother was told she had to take us back into her custody, or lose us forever. Without warning, my brother and I were placed back with her into a drug-treatment center. Within weeks she relapsed, and I was given back to the ***** family. For the next ten months, I was bounced back and forth between the ******* family and my birthparents due to continual relapses (my birth father had been released from prison during this time).

As a result, my ability to trust and attach to people had been effected. Thankfully, my foster parents, the *****, fought for my brother and me. By the age of four, I was finally in full custody with my family; my adoption complete.

While living with my new family, I have had a loving, successful upraising. From my parents I have learned that things in life do not always come as easy as they should, and that even in times of despair and hard times, that you should always push through and carry on, no matter what. It hasn’t been an easy road. I have watched my brother struggle with Attachment Disorder, mental illness and bad choices. His life choices have affected me profoundly. My brother remains my only biological connection in life, something I have been taught to value.

Today, I strive to make the most of the opportunities I’ve been given. I am grateful for the new life I was adopted into, and want to make my parents proud, and glad for their decision. It hasn’t been an easy parenthood for them. We have struggled financially at times, been through many stressful events, and have come out the other end intact. I am a success story.

people have told me the following represent my situation:
1) Koi swimming upstream surrounded by lotus flowers
2) Pheonix rising from ashes

But when I researched the meanings and such, they are related to mythology, Japanese culture, and Hinduism. None of which i want on my arm…

any help out their?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

See my reply on other post 🙂

Despoina
Participant
@despoina

I also reply you on the other post 🙂

RanWal
Participant
@ranwal

i dont want to be rude but i dont want something that has to do with religion or mythology 🙁 I just dont want that on my arm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.