Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

as an artist i would advise changing the font from the original on the book, copyright reasons are part of it as well as making it more personal, not all designs make good for a tattoo with some changes 😉

as for the tattoo itself, i think that if it is going to help you in your grieving then it is a good thing, a memorial tattoo is personal to each individual, its whatever floats your boat, but i think its a nice way of remembering them and those special personal times you had

if its what you want then get it done, just ensure the design is just right before its on you for life, get it drawn out properly and pin it up somewhere that you will see it every day, then after a month if you still like what you see then you know the design is right .

ostste
Participant
@ostste

hadnt thought of that but great advice! thanks

ostste
Participant
@ostste

well here’s the finished product. I love it. Absolutely love it. Thanks everyone for all of the help and advice! No regrets

260zkbd.jpg

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

looks nice, what made you ditch the idea of the txt ???

ostste
Participant
@ostste

Well he drew it up with and without it, and I really just ultimately decided that I knew what the tattoo meant, and who cares if people do or not haha. And this way, if I ever don’t want to explain the whole story to people I can just say I’m a big twilight fan…

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

its a real nice piece and the artist has done a wonderful job of it, wear it with pride 😉

ostste
Participant
@ostste

quick question… the artist said that with the shading that was involved i need to take really good care of this because it could fade quick. Anybody have any advice or input on this? How quickly should I expect fading, and can i get it redone after that?

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i dont think he meant that the ink will fade very quickly…

when we do shading it causes the area to bruise, which gives it a darker brownish tint to it, after a few days it should start to go away and the grey shading will start to appear as it should be… im sure thats what he meant. but it will benefit from being touched up about every 5 yrs

😉

ostste
Participant
@ostste

hey outlaw, I really appreciate the speedy replies. It’s almost finished peeling and I actually really like the grey over solid black… I was just a little worried haha. But I had no idea about getting it touched up every so often, so thanks for the advice!

orphansparrow
Participant
@orphansparrow

i think it looks really nice, and the meaning behind it is great. it’s a wonderful tattoo.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.