Danthemanmufc
Participant
@danthemanmufc

hi, im really into superheroes although ive never read a comic in my life. my favourites are iron man, spider man,batman and super man, for my tattoo i would like all four of them together, i would like iron man to be firing his hand cannon, spider man shooting or a web or swinging on one and im not to fussed what batman and super man are doing, i realise this is going to be difficult to design but i would really appreciate it if someone could do it for me.

thanks

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Look around in your area for tattoo artists who are impressive to you.
Have them design your tattoo.
An artist will always do a better job on his own work.
Don’t bring an artist another artist’s art. (Holy-fucking-alliteration-batman!)

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

um, you do know that spiderman and ironman are marvel, while batman and superman are DC right?? thats a no no… dont mix DC and marvel comic characters into the same piece! this is coming from an ex-comic book freak.

oh and just sayin, superman sucks. batman is, eh, so-so… but its allll about the marvel characters baby! captain america and deadpool FTW!!!

iMark
Participant
@imark
Apostle 228;68962 wrote:
um, you do know that spiderman and ironman are marvel, while batman and superman are DC right?? thats a no no… dont mix DC and marvel comic characters into the same piece! this is coming from an ex-comic book freak.

Nonsense – I’m a comic book freak going on 30 years and there have been many instances of Marvel and DC characters interacting.

Here’s a classic George Perez cover from the Avengers/JLA crossover to illustrate:

marveldc.jpg

Danthemanmufc
Participant
@danthemanmufc

I agree, the whole marvel/dc thing doesn’t matter to me, that picture is wicked aswell.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

ya, i’ve seen that artwork, and i’ve seen quite a few others with DC and marvel mixed in, and they piss me off. DC comics are nowhere near as cool as marvel comics… and therefore should never be mixed. haha. that’d be like putting a bottle of woodford reserve bourbon in a bucket and adding jim beam…. MY GOD!!! awful! maybe i’m just biased because i like marvel more, but every other marvel fan i’ve met wouldn’t even consider mixing the two… but maybe were just extremists?? but i doubt it, as comic book conventions i had been to in the past the DC and marvel kids would always argue over which was cooler… haha. oh the good old elementary school days 😛

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Danthemanmufc;68951 wrote:
hi, im really into superheroes although ive never read a comic in my life. my favourites are iron man, spider man,batman and super man, for my tattoo i would like all four of them together, i would like iron man to be firing his hand cannon, spider man shooting or a web or swinging on one and im not to fussed what batman and super man are doing, i realise this is going to be difficult to design but i would really appreciate it if someone could do it for me.

thanks

Couple of thoughts from your post….

1)How big do you want this tattoo? For the amount of stuff you are putting in here I’m hoping that you are thinking of an entire back piece. You are looking for a lot of really detailed super heros that are going to need space and size to look halfway decent.

2)I now nothing about Dc, marvell or anything else. I do have an eye for composition though and your challenge is going to be getting them all in the same piece of art and having it look right. which brings me to point 3….

3)You need to go find an artist, and a pretty good one at that. Even if we drew something for you (for free, just for fun, with no money from you, for a lot of work FOR FREE) when you take it to the artist he’ll throw it out anyway. Or at least he should if he is any good.

Just my .02.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Apostle 228;68962 wrote:

oh and just sayin, superman sucks. batman is, eh, so-so… but its allll about the marvel characters baby! captain america and deadpool FTW!!!

hhahhaaha – thats hilarious :D:D:D

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Aussie_Al;69034 wrote:
hhahhaaha – thats hilarious :D:D:D

i do what i can 😉

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Thanks!

After the week I had – I needed a laugh

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

I agree Marvel comics are far superior then DC but you just can’t beat a good Superman comic.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Growing up it was all Spider man, Fantastic four and….Batman for me !

rikheron1
@

Hi all, I am indesperate need of some help, I love superman I want a half sleeve and shoulderblade piece doing, now I already have some done, (see pic) but I am desperate to add more( infact Im in 2moz and I have no idea what we are doing) I have been googling like crazy for some iconic tattoo pics, I have the film reel, superman flying, the daily planet etc. I need more, General zod perhaps, some sky, moon, planets, I am honestly stuck. I cant draw, I have no artistic ability.

I dont know how to bring a sleeve together, what do I need to do?
I want to do superman good.. he dserves it. please post your idea’s and Ill have it tattooed then posts pics back.

Please click my tattoo albulm for pic, I cant get it to Link.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

The first thing you should do is meet with your artist and have a sit down with him and discuss what ideas you have

They are the professional, you are the collector – I cannot tell you the amount of times I have had some ideas in my head and my tattoo artist has suggested something that makes much more sense than anything I would of thought of.

Even some great ideas on paper don’t work out so well on the body as a canvas.

Stop stressing , sit down with your artist and even if it means waiting a few more days its better to get something that you are 100% happy with

BTW – what you have now looks great and is different and unique from most Superman Tattoos that I have seen

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.