LeilaRuby
Participant
@leilaruby

Hi

I want to get my7month old daughter’s name and friend’s name who passed away recentl,y tattooed in Thai. Does anyone know how I can get them translated from English to Thai?

Thanks =)

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

I’m very sorry for your loss

Any reason why in thai?

You can look at internet translators but they’re risky. Essentially, I think you need to speak to someone who reads thai – it’s not worth the mistake

LeilaRuby
Participant
@leilaruby

Thanks, I want their names in Thai so it’s more personal, so I know what the tattoos mean and say but not necessarily everyone else does. I’m also half Thai. My aunties trying to find out how to do it but she doesn’t speak english well so havin a little trouble. Thanks anyway!

shudderingfordays
Participant
@shudderingfordays

Again, sorry for your loss.

This is quite a relevant subject for me as I have my mother’s name in Thai tattooed on my arm. I had it done in Thailand and checked it with some locals ;-). I’d be inclined to patronise a Thai restaurant and ask for a translation. Obviously this would need to be checked, but perhaps your relative would be able to help with that (non english-speaking thai people were able to verify that mine was correct by reading my tattoo phonetically).

Good luck with it.

LeilaRuby
Participant
@leilaruby

oh good idea, thanks mate!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.