Dummy86
Participant
@dummy86

What’s up everyone,

I have always loved tattoos but never really had an idea I really wanted to get so I never got one. I am a 23 year old male now and have decided to get my first and I wanted to make it a half sleeve from my shoulder to elbow. After spending some time thinking about it, I have chosen to do a good vs. evil type theme.

I am sure a good vs. evil tattoo has been done a million times but all the ones I have seen have had some kind of religious theme to it and I wanted to stay clear of that. I am not very religious and do not want that to be implied in my tattoo. I was thinking more of a good vs. evil as in each person has two sides to them depending on the situations they are placed in. I would like the good to be up toward the shoulder and the evil toward the elbow and somehow clashing in the middle? I am stuck for ideas on this but think it can be pretty cool if I finally think of it.

I was hoping to get some ideas from as many people as I can here just to get the ball rolling. Anything would help. Thanks a lot everyone!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Depends on what you consider good or evil as many ppl will only broadly agree and throw in a million exemption of circumstances. EG murder is wrong but not in self defence, time of war etc etc

Nothing is really clear cut which is why religion tends to use broad sweeping imagery of angels and devils because that is easy – real life is not.

As for ideas have you considered taking iconic imagery and shaping it –

For example the statue of liberty has the blind fold (as justice is blind) scales for value of balance of evidence and the script proclaiming liberty.

You could have that image split in half one side as the orig the other with the blindfold torn (eye socket bleeding perhaps?) and toting a gun

The above is just an example of how you can turn everyday imagery into how an idea gets turned into a conflict of ideology.

Take Care
Matthew

Dummy86
Participant
@dummy86

Thanks for replying and yea you make a good point about it being a broad topic when not dealing with religion. I guess I want to go with the idea of people and the many sides they have. Similar to a dr. Jekyll and mr. Hyde type deal and that struggle between their “good” vs “evil” sides. Maybe having someone looking in the mirror and seeing someone else in the reflection. Or if anyone knows of symbols or pictures that represent double meanings? I know there are a bunch of meanings for flowers and how some have double meanings with one for example being pleasure on one side and pain on the other.

I am just rambling at this point so I’ll stop. Just been trying to get some solid ideas down on paper so I have something to build off of. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.