Indy
Participant
@indy

I’m just gonna throw this out there and hope someone maybe catches on and is able to help me.

I’m an older guy and my family and myself are huge Disney fans. I’ve been wanting something Disney related in a tattoo for nearly two years now but can’t find anything more, I dunno “manly” I guess that suits my taste.

I like some tribal, Polynesian style tattoos but am thinking of something along the lines of a circular pattern for an upper back piece or possibly upper arm piece. My idea is to fit a hidden Mickey within the pattern somewhere. Not necessarily a solid hidden Mickey but it could be just an outline. More than one within the design wouldn’t be a big deal either.

Is there anyone out there that can help me with a design? Criteria: Tribal like design, circular shape, hidden Mickey within (that would just be mouse head and ears)

thank you.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

So you think just having pure Disney on you will be too feminine?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Indy;65136 wrote:
I’m just gonna throw this out there and hope someone maybe catches on and is able to help me.

I’m an older guy and my family and myself are huge Disney fans. I’ve been wanting something Disney related in a tattoo for nearly two years now but can’t find anything more, I dunno “manly” I guess that suits my taste.

I like some tribal, Polynesian style tattoos but am thinking of something along the lines of a circular pattern for an upper back piece or possibly upper arm piece. My idea is to fit a hidden Mickey within the pattern somewhere. Not necessarily a solid hidden Mickey but it could be just an outline. More than one within the design wouldn’t be a big deal either.

Is there anyone out there that can help me with a design? Criteria: Tribal like design, circular shape, hidden Mickey within (that would just be mouse head and ears)

thank you.

My opinion:

You need to pick which style you want. If you want a tribal tattoo, great, go and get one. They seem to be pretty common and you probably won’t get too much praise from people on this site for something like that but we are probably a very small minority so who cares, right? I think trying to force disney into a tribal tattoo would be like putting chocolate on you spaghetti and meat balls…. It’s just not going to work.

If you want a disney tattoo I’m sure a good artist can help you come up with something manly, or at least as manly as you can make a disney tattoo. If you feel strongly enough about it to get a hidden mickey you should just man up and get the tattoo that you really want regardless of what others may think about you.

Just my .02, take it or leave it…

Jlin
Participant
@jlin

Let me start this off by saying: I love disney.

Therefore, I really must agree with Gsouder – if you like disney and want a disney tattoo, get a disney tattoo! No matter what anyone else thinks, YOU are the one wearing it.

I also agree though, that your typical cute little mickey is not very manly, so Ive been thinking about how you could possibly make it a little stronger / darker. Heres my idea: Im sure you know this “vampire version” of mickey: http://www.royalsagehome.com/DSN/wwwroyalsagecom/Commerce/productimages/tmb1_000618.jpg I knooow, still not manly, but I think that would give an artist something to work with. I had the thought that you could just make him darker and moodier, maybe as a half sleeve with the vampire mickey standing on your arm, wings closed around him, teeth showing, kind of an evil look. With the right background it could look really good imo. Also the background gives you a chance for a discreete tribute to other characters you might like or walt disney himself. Sadly I couldnt draw if my life depended on it, otherwise Id try to draw something up for you, I hope you still get the idea.

If you are not set on mickey mouse that would also work well with donalds secret identity (I dont know the correct name in english, the german one is phantomias).

If you dont mind going with one of the evil guys you might think about the phantom blot. That could make for a really nice dark and moody piece… Or maybe mickey and the phantom blot kind of facing off?

If you dont like either of these ideas Id say just be bold and stand behind what you like, I found this half sleeve with mickey as the sorcerers apprentice http://www.checkoutmyink.com/tattoos/jbostwalt/sorcerer-s-apprentice-color which I think looks pretty good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.