of13sw
Participant
@of13sw

I am curently in afghanistan and when I reture i want ot get a 3/4 of full sleeve when I get home. I want 2 mermaids, hopeing for them to look like my wife and daughter, and i figured for fill there can be water, fish and sea turtles. Does anyone have any good mermaid ideas and is it possible for them to look like my wife and daughter in the face?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

it is indeed possible by a good artist , the main problem i would worry about is that your tattoo idea sounds like something a woman would have more than a guy .

of13sw
Participant
@of13sw

I man with his wife and daughter tattooed on him as mermaids, something a woman would do…. OK if you say so. So a man with a woman tattooed on them is wierd to i guess. CRAZY well i could get a man tattooed on me.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

l_bc9061c37d60af56f211aa485083caba.jpg

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
of13sw;63210 wrote:
I man with his wife and daughter tattooed on him as mermaids, something a woman would do…. OK if you say so. So a man with a woman tattooed on them is wierd to i guess. CRAZY well i could get a man tattooed on me.

i think what butterfly was trying to say was that tattoos of mermaids and sea things are normally the type of tattoo you would see on a woman rather than a man…. yes men do get them but normally its a female thing.

the answer to your question is yes they can be made to look like your wife and daughter but there might be an issue with the size of the piece…. faces with great detail are not usually very small and with the amount of things you want in your design i am guessing there wouldnt be enough room… you would need a very tallented artist that has done lots of portrait work before, make sure to check their portfolio fully.

good luck with the piece, i look forward to seing it once its done as it sounds great 😉

of13sw
Participant
@of13sw

Thanks outlaw, I guess I am not looking for exact faces as long as they resemble them. I have been racking my brain for 7 months, I know I want a sleeve and really want my daughter and wife on me and this seems to work pretty well together. I am in the Navy i remember mermaids being good luck back in the old days so that has something to do with it also. Thank you again and you work looks awesome, where are you located?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.