Shyguy64
Participant
@shyguy64

I have flames going all the way around my upper arm. I have had the tattoo for almost a year now and i want to get more done with it. I am wondering if somebody could give me an idea of what to get done with it. Right now its pretty well just a black outline with some blue like shown in the in the pictures below. I would like to make it look better and a lot nicer. As you can all see there is not much detail in it so if somebody could draw the inside of them and make them look cool and like something behind them to make them stand out more. So if you could help me out if would be soo great.

tatdesign.jpg

Shyguy64
Participant
@shyguy64

do you guys think i need to do a complete cover up. I cant figure out what i could do with it. i want the flames detailed and i want something in the background also. i forgot to mention it goes all the way around my arm so that makes it a little harder for me to figure out what i would be able to get done with it. Any suggestions and comments would be appreciated.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

have the flames colored red….. maybe throw in a few burning skulls (sorry got a skull fetish lol)

Shyguy64
Participant
@shyguy64

i was thinking of maybe getting the flames colored something other than red, like green and dark purple or something like that but i want something sorta behind the flames. I was thinking skulls too but i couldent find any that i really like. Any other ideas for what i could put in the backfround of the flames?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’d go with Blue and say get them coloured in. What you’ve got at the minute is called reverse flames.
I’ve got flames on my arm, with a skull behind them and circles of colours between the flames. I’m not making sense, but I don’t know how to explain it.

Shyguy64
Participant
@shyguy64

About the reverse flames, do anybody think i should keep the reveres flames and get something in the place where the blue is and up from that. Like say if i go with something like this

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Without bagging on your tattoo – it is ok but I would recommend a cover up and starting again with a much better artist.

It would be simple enough to do and would allow so much more scope for grander looking ink.

As for old school flame sleeve examples

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tkKiEGux7r8/S0nloGsk7xI/AAAAAAAAAgo/29ABspflIkY/s400/armtat07.jpg

http://www.lxix.com/flamz.html

http://www.needlesandsins.com/2009/11/24/biomechanical%20sleeve2.jpg (not flames but an excellent sleeve)

If you feel you want to add to it then i would recommend bold colouring and maybe add some roses if you are not into skulls.

As it is the look a little lonely and fat shaped.

I don’t say this to offend I just want you to gte the best you can from your ink and not an average experience.

Take care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i don’t like your tattoo much ( mainly because of the quality ) but i would have that part re done and work from it . you have loads of room above them that you could do anything there :rolleyes:

Shyguy64
Participant
@shyguy64

thanks guys, when i went to get it i went with a design i had picked out. He said because it goes all the way around it was hard to match up the ends and that he would draw it freehand. He did sat there for about an hour doing the black lines and the little blue he did put in and he took a phone call for half an hour. came back told me 230$ and that he is finished. So yeah i think im gonna pick a new guy next time lol. Anybody got a nice colorful quarter sleeve tattoo. For now i want to keep it above my elbow and under 1000$ lol.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i do but its rather girly 😮

Shyguy64
Participant
@shyguy64

😎 i would kinda like something manly, i found a few i like but its only the front of it so i donno what is on the back. I just donno what to look for with this lol, i dont want to cover it up altogether because it cost 230$ but i dont like it, id like to keep a few flames that look kind of ok and have something else put over the ones that are not great but i dont know where to get a quarter sleeve design i like

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.