Rhunter11
Participant
@rhunter11

I’m looking to get a tattoo at the end of the week of a bird..I want it to symbolize the song free bird but I dont like the actual bird they use for the album, considering how I’m a very feminine girl. I also want to have the words Live for Today along the border of the bird… If anyone has any ideas or sketches that they could offer me it would be greatly appreciated!! 🙂

Btw: This will be on my ribs

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

How about a traditional swallow carrying a banner?

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

If you’re not sure of your design, I wouldn’t recommend getting a tattoo this week. Don’t rush into it… this will be on your skin forever.

I think Lynyrd Skynyrd’s bird is an eagle sillhouette with the confederate flag, right? Well my suggestion would be to do the eagle without the flag, unless that’s something that you really want. You said you wanted a bird, so i’m assuming you want just that.
Your ribs will be a good place because you’ll have enough room to put some detail into it, including the script.

Maybe something in this style, but obviously tweaked so that it would fit on your ribs… the wings would have to be more vertical.
eagle.jpg

Try out google for ideas. There are a ton of bird tattoos out there (especially eagles). Get a few good ideas, THEN go to your artist and see what they can draw up for ya.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
ChaosDani;56795 wrote:
If you’re not sure of your design, I wouldn’t recommend getting a tattoo this week. Don’t rush into it… this will be on your skin forever.

Agreed. Generally it is best practice to plan your tattoos well so you don’t end up regretting them after some time.

Are we talking about this?
lynyrdskynyrdfreebirdbl.jpg
Yeah, the bald eagle – at least in the US – is THE symbol for freedom, but it is also a very patriotic one and if you’re not from the US/not into the whole patriotism thing I guess any bird in flight will do just fine.

You saiy you want it on your ribs but it would also be good to know what size you are looking for as the level of detail possible depends greatly on it.
Also what art styles do you lke?

inkered
Participant
@inkered

Yeh i can only agree with the two posts above. ive just posted similar on another topic, its a big decision that needs some careful thought.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

one of my fav songs ever 😮

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

I am *not* not not (!) recommending stealing some else’s design (clear? lol), but I saw a really gorgeous piece of art on here… a design, not a tat… it was a swallow phoenix concept that was really pretty, really original, and really feminine… wish I could find it again… You could use it for ideas… It’s in someone’s album on here somewhere!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.