janpisl
    Participant
    @janpisl

Hi everyone,

I have a question to ask. Id like to have tattoed on my forearm this picture (http://imgur.com/gy8vw55) as a memory of the great time I had in Mexico. I contacted two tattoo artists in Prague where I live but they both said it isnt possible. But Im not going to give up that easily so – what do you all think about it? Is it really too much detail? I see lots of amazing work in this group so I cant believe there is noone able to do it.

I currently live in the US in Kansas but Im returning to Europe in the summer and I would be more than willing to travel if there is someone who could do it!

Thank you very much!

Peace,

Jan

Searchforthebest
    Participant
    @searchforthebest

Hi. Well, I’ve never seen anything like that as a tattoo. Maybe the artists didn’t like so much the picture, maybe they think that there are so many small details that not are not easily visible even for them, maybe you didn’t give them space enough to realize.
    Anyway I think you should contact more artists and if noone want to do it you should find another pic or idea..

tatbot
    Keymaster
    @tatbot

that much tiny detail in a tattoo there are a lot of opportunities for it to bleed across and be blurry
    best bet is probably a dotwork artist who are used to doing tony work.

Participant
    @newbie

I’m with tatbot, I love the level of detail my artist put into mine, but a higher level of detail would require a larger amount of space, and if you’re just doing your forearm…
    I’d suggest finding a new place for it, or maybe just a small piece of the picture, something that really pops to you.
    And good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.