ArniVidar
@arnividar

If anyone cares, Lacuna Coil’s new CD is out now. Pretty sweet!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I’ve never heard of them if im honest. But i have listened to the song you posted and they seem pretty awesome!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

They were more goth-metal before, but have moved slightly more into alt. metal.

Here’s one of their older ones; a cool Depeche Mode cover.

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Years ago I won a contest from a local radio station. I went to the studio (WAAF) to watch in person a Lacuna Coil interview. Then that evening I saw their concert in a smaller establishment standing front and center with Christina pretty much singing over me the entire night. Got the drummers stick after the concert. Then I went out back by their tour bus and waited for Christina to come out to thank her for a great day. We ended up talking for over an hour about music, metal, Italy, and just some other random stuff. It was great. And it didn’t hurt that she’s beautiful too.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
metalmancpa;105850 wrote:
And it didn’t hurt that she’s beautiful too.

Oh, I’ll believe that ๐Ÿ˜€

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa
ArniVidar;105877 wrote:
Oh, I’ll believe that ๐Ÿ˜€

๐Ÿ˜€ And I’m going to see them this Friday in concert with Megadeth, Motorhead, and Volbeat.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You bastard! I don’t envy you at all… promise.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

damn you Arni, i have to download this now can’t stop coming on listening to it ๐Ÿ˜ก :cool::D

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

This is still my favorite Lacuna Coil song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFi4YunHFNQ“]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFi4YunHFNQ

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Oh Wardy, speaking of good metal, have you heard of Nightwish?

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Arni – as an obvious metal enthusiast, what’s your short list of favorite bands? Here’s just a sampling of mine. My song collection right now per iTunes is 39,394 tracks so it’s sometimes difficult to name them all :-).

By far my favorite band is Opeth.
Dimmu Borgir
Grip Inc
Nevermore
Exodus (old and new)
Susperia
Old Man’s Child

Other than Lacuna Coil and Nightwish as you mentioned, also like female led bands such as Crisis, Otep, Epica, The Agonist

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, I am a metal lover for sure, but my musical tastes run anywhere from Polka to Enya to Boybands to Opeth ๐Ÿ™‚

Since I am not really much ‘in the scene’ of the music, if I find a new band I like it’s mostly be chance, or when someone else recommends stuff. I will certainly go through your list, most of which I’ve never heard of ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a very hard time picking favorites, but I can tell you what gets listened to most often if I’m not shuffling my playlist ๐Ÿ™‚

Of the goth/operatic/melodic/black metal bands I listen to most would be Opeth and Dream Theater. I also love thrash/speed metal, so bands like Dragonforce get my heart pumping:) Of the more traditional metal/hard rock bands, Metallica rules supreme over all contenders, with much love for Guns, Maiden, Megadeath, Def Leppard and others of that period. I’m too young to have any love towards Zeppelin, however ๐Ÿ™‚

There are quite a few more that I like very much, but sadly my MP3 hard drive is not connected to the computer right now, so I can’t browse through it and give you a better list ๐Ÿ™‚

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa
ArniVidar;106023 wrote:
Well, I am a metal lover for sure, but my musical tastes run anywhere from Polka to Enya to Boybands to Opeth ๐Ÿ™‚

Since I am not really much ‘in the scene’ of the music, if I find a new band I like it’s mostly be chance, or when someone else recommends stuff. I will certainly go through your list, most of which I’ve never heard of ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a very hard time picking favorites, but I can tell you what gets listened to most often if I’m not shuffling my playlist ๐Ÿ™‚

Of the goth/operatic/melodic/black metal bands I listen to most would be Opeth and Dream Theater. I also love thrash/speed metal, so bands like Dragonforce get my heart pumping:) Of the more traditional metal/hard rock bands, Metallica rules supreme over all contenders, with much love for Guns, Maiden, Megadeath, Def Leppard and others of that period. I’m too young to have any love towards Zeppelin, however ๐Ÿ™‚

There are quite a few more that I like very much, but sadly my MP3 hard drive is not connected to the computer right now, so I can’t browse through it and give you a better list ๐Ÿ™‚

For thrash/speed, try Destruction, Sepultura, and of course the classic Slayer & Testament. Exodus’s Shovel Headed Kill Machine & Exhibit B albums kick. Havok is great too. Listen to this song by Heathenand tell me what you think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4gl0JzYGQQ“]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4gl0JzYGQQ.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Nightwish are awesome arni! ๐Ÿ˜›

Have you heard of

Within Temptation
Flyleaf
Bodyjar
Die Happy

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

be nice, be nice, be nice…………

ok here goes, I heard the new cover, I didnt think it was good, I have listened to Lacuna for a while, hoping it would get better, as the concept of a good looking dark female and male singer seemed like a good place to start, but the music is slow and her vocals usually muddy and low, it doesnt really work for me, seems like a band built more on an image than talent?

I listen to classical, classic hard rock (judas priest/iron maiden/black sabbath) and metal…..my favorites probably being system of a down and metallica, I will listen to things as hard as lamb of god and light as some avenged sevenfold or bullet for mt valentine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.