Nightsabra
Participant
@nightsabra

So, long story short: I’m planning on getting a tattoo soon in the handwriting of an artist that helped me. It will have 2 quoted phrases and a signature and I’m looking to incorporate something else into the tattoo to create the possibility of it looking better. One idea I have is this sketch: 2ynmixy.png

However, the issue is, I’m not sure how to go about incorporating and blending it into my tattoo. It will be a tattoo over my left breast and an arm doesn’t seem to suit it well there.
I’m open to considering any ideas and any new photo ideas, but I can be picky, don’t take offense to it.

The tattoo has to deal with recovery from self-harm.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Take what you have to a good tattoo artist. They’ll use their creativity to blend things together.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

What he said ^^^^^.

You also might want to consider a different location. So that you don’t have to deal with people reading your boob for the rest of your life.

(And congrats on your recovery. I’m sure it has been a long journey to get to a healthy place.)

Nightsabra1
Participant
@nightsabra1

@Call_me_Lola 137276 wrote:

What he said ^^^^^.

You also might want to consider a different location. So that you don’t have to deal with people reading your boob for the rest of your life.

(And congrats on your recovery. I’m sure it has been a long journey to get to a healthy place.)

Thank you for another brilliant answer. (Sorry, my other account was giving me login issues. Not sure what happened.)
I didn’t think about the whole “staring at your boob” thing until now and I’m incredibly glad you pointed that one out. I think I may move it to my back, thigh or calf.

Nightsabra1
Participant
@nightsabra1

First: It will be an autograph by a musician who helped me through a lot. It will be like this:
“Life is beautiful.”
A quote of his choosing
-his signature
Along with this incorporated in it. I’m unsure of the placement, but I was thinking upper front shoulder, calf, or thigh. Ribs are off of the table as a first… 52aome.png

Second: It will be two women facing each other; one will be a scar-faced woman (burn or anything for that matter. She should be considered “ugly”.) holding a beautiful, flourishing rose. The second woman will be a “beautiful” woman holding a dead and decaying flower. I’m thinking placement of this will be on my back. Possibly my upper thigh.

Opinions? ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks in advance.
-Cheyenne

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Color or black and gray? Be sure to post pictures.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Hi, I merged your two threads as they were both very similar. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Don’t be too scared off the ribs. I found it much more tolerable than the thigh. Put it in a place you know you can deal with it the rest of your life.

(The original reason I got tattoos was to horrify young medical students when I’m old, dead, and being cut up for educational uses.)

Nightsabra1
Participant
@nightsabra1

@Sam-I-Am 137342 wrote:

Color or black and gray? Be sure to post pictures.

I’m not quite sure yet. I feel like it will look a little better with color, but it may blend more being black and white. I was thinking perhaps splatters of color?

@Amok 137354 wrote:

Hi, I merged your two threads as they were both very similar. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

That’s perfectly fine! ๐Ÿ™‚

@GrayCatLove 137368 wrote:

Don’t be too scared off the ribs. I found it much more tolerable than the thigh. Put it in a place you know you can deal with it the rest of your life.

(The original reason I got tattoos was to horrify young medical students when I’m old, dead, and being cut up for educational uses.)

Do you think it would look better being placed on the ribs? I think it might, as it’s closer to my heart but not on my breast where people would be reading my breast… as mentioned before. XD I’m curious about my pain tolerance for tattoos…

(I love that reason)

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 137368 wrote:

Not my original reason, but it’s one hell of a benefit!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.