GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

You told me I don’t understand what the word “moderator” means, though apparently “sans authorization” slipped by you. I didn’t say anyone gave a hacker permission. I think it’s inappropriate for someone to do something that’s at the very least destructive to new traffic. You got off your ass. Good for you.

If Bert or Wardy or Lola or anyone else is acting stupid (just examples), yeah, I expect more out of you. Goes back to that whole fair moderation thing. I think you do a good job not being heavy-handed, but sometimes behavior isn’t okay. And it seems like with you, everything can be pardoned. No one is ever in the wrong, just one huge misunderstanding. All I want from you is to be pissed that a ite you expend a lot of time and energy on got fucked with. New people got turned away, possibly better, brighter, and more pleasant folk than included company. S/he didn’t do you a favor.

I’m glad you contacted the admin. I think it sucks it’s continuing. I don’t think it’s excusable. It doesn’t mean I have poor command over the English language or you get to publicly insult me. After all, as you like to point out, you ARE the moderator.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Okay, let’s break this down here. Forgive me, it will be long. Usually I’d simply post this in PM, but I don’t believe in lurking behind the scenes with things like this:

@GrayCatLove 133766 wrote:

You told me I don’t understand what the word “moderator” means, though apparently “sans authorization” slipped by you.

I did no such thing. I ASKED whether you knew what that is… which is a valid question, since it’s quite common that people don’t, and have no clue as to the differences between and admin and a moderator. I apologize that you took that as an insult. It was not meant as one.

I didn’t say anyone gave a hacker permission.

@GrayCatLove 133732 wrote:

Arni, permitting this behavior is like….

This is you stating that I was allowing this to go on.
    You assumed that I was sitting high and mighty, twiddling my thumbs up my ass. You then asked me why this behavior was even remotely okay, said I was shrugging my shoulders at this, and that I didn’t care about the site and it’s potential
    @GrayCatLove 133761 wrote:

I’d have you get off your ass

You got off your ass. Good for you.

What the hell do you presume to know about what I do on here? I come in here most every day, often several times a day, to moderate the forum, picture comments and visitor posts, delete spam and ban spammers and trolls. It’s tedious and boring, and that means that I have less time and inclination to actually enjoy USING the forum.. which is why I usually end up ‘catching up’, reading pages of unread posts at a time, maybe once or twice a week, and participate far less than I used to.

I am sure you understand just how rude your assumptions and comments are, since they were intentional, but I will tell you here and now that they are also quite hurtful. Thanks a bunch.

If Bert or Wardy or Lola or anyone else is acting stupid (just examples), yeah, I expect more out of you. Goes back to that whole fair moderation thing. I think you do a good job not being heavy-handed, but sometimes behavior isn’t okay.

So you want me to be less fair and more of a stuck-up super-prick (as people seem to assume I am, anyway) that kicks everybody in the nuts for stepping a toe out of line?

And it seems like with you, everything can be pardoned. No one is ever in the wrong, just one huge misunderstanding.

I am one man with no outside guidance and no other admins or moderators to discuss debatable issues with. The few times I’ve actually gone heavy on people acting like morons, I’ve been called out for being a narcissistic, superiority-complexed, condescending, stuck-up prick… or just accused of running people away with my prickish behavior. Great times. Love it. Makes this “job” worth doing, it does.
    The people of these forums like the kind of laid-back attitude that was here when I joined and have tried to maintain since I became moderator, and seem to agree that this is a good place to spend their time. So I tend to err on the side of leniency.
    I, however, am constantly wrong. It happens every day, and I admit it freely. I don’t mind people pointing those mistakes out, as long as there’s actual validity to what they say.
    If you want to become a moderator and help me deal with these here varmints and miscreants, I’d be happy to discuss that with you in a PM.

All I want from you is to be pissed that a ite you expend a lot of time and energy on got fucked with.

I’m glad you understand that I expend a lot of time and energy on this, although that didn’t stop you assuming that I had decided to do absolutely nothing about this matter, nor stop you going off the deep end, proceeding to piss all over me and my work.
    I WAS royally pissed off, and even more so after learning that we have to wait at least a week until it’ll get fixed. I do not understand, however, why it was necessary for me to post my anger onto the forum.

New people got turned away, possibly better, brighter, and more pleasant folk than included company. S/he didn’t do you a favor.

Quite possibly, yes. But there was nothing I could have done to prevent it, and nothing I could have done more than I have already done, so I’d appreciate it if you diverted your anger away from me and onto something else.

I’m glad you contacted the admin. I think it sucks it’s continuing. I don’t think it’s excusable. It doesn’t mean I have poor command over the English language or you get to publicly insult me. After all, as you like to point out, you ARE the moderator.

Not knowing what a moderator is has absolutely nothing to do with anyone’s command over the English language, but I apologize again that you took my words as insulting.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Sent you a reply. Take it or leave it. I felt the nature of it was private, but wasn’t anything I wouldn’t say in front of anyone.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@buttwheat 133775 wrote:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

GIRL FIGHT!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.