@arnividar

@GrayCatLove 133732 wrote:

Arni, permitting this behavior…

What behavior?

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@buttwheat 133722 wrote:

Can someone fix this shit?

I mailed Turbo and got an autoresponder that he’s on summer holiday until the end of the month. So I guess we wait at least until the end of the month.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@ArniVidar 133733 wrote:

What behavior?

Someone comes in and.changes the front page sans authorization. This impacts new and old and traffic. Why is this behavior even remotely okay? He could have shot you an email or PM the site was insecure. Instead he take a proverbial shit and you’re shrugging your shoulders. It’s frustrating you don’t care more about the site ans its potential.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@BertNaked 133623 wrote:

Hacked By Evil 2 Dead

So… what’s up guys?

The only weird page I ever saw was when I clicked on Bert’s link. Did Bert post the link or did a hacker? Is that where the hacking was?

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@ArniVidar 133734 wrote:

I mailed Turbo and got an autoresponder that he’s on summer holiday until the end of the month. So I guess we wait at least until the end of the month.

Email your friend, the hacker. He might help yah out.. again.

@Sam-I-Am 133745 wrote:

The only weird page I ever saw was when I clicked on Bert’s link. Did Bert post the link or did a hacker? Is that where the hacking was?

That’s the link to our frontpage.. The page has been altered, not the link.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@BertNaked 133747 wrote:

That’s the link to our frontpage.. The page has been altered, not the link.

Gotcha Bert. That makes sense now. Fuck, I was beginning to think I was retarded!

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@BertNaked 133747 wrote:

Email your friend, the hacker. He might help yah out.. again.

@GrayCatLove 133744 wrote:

Someone comes in and.changes the front page sans authorization. This impacts new and old and traffic. Why is this behavior even remotely okay? He could have shot you an email or PM the site was insecure. Instead he take a proverbial shit and you’re shrugging your shoulders. It’s frustrating you don’t care more about the site ans its potential.

Wait, back up for a second. How, exactly is anyone “allowing” this? The page was hacked. Hacking, by it’s very nature, is done against the wishes of those being hacked. Nobody “allowed” him/her to hack the page. They did it their damned selves.

Explain to me how me being sarcastic is bad but Bert saying THE EXACT SAME THING and being EXACTLY AS SARCASTIC is okay.

I am a moderator. Do you know what that is? Do you know how much I control I have over this place? Zip. Zilch. Zero. Not a damned thing. I can’t fix this any more than you can. All I can is report this to Turbo and wait for him to fix it, just like you. The only difference is that I actually have his email address which means I’ll get a reply, whereas posting about it on the forum doesn’t reach him at all.

What, exactly, would you have me do? I’m doing all I frickin’ can!

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Explain to me how me being sarcastic is bad but Bert saying THE EXACT SAME THING and being EXACTLY AS SARCASTIC is okay.

Because I’m a handsome motherfucker.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Well this thread escalated quickly.

But Arni is totally right; Only an admin can do anything about it, really.
    And to be fair the forum wasn’t HACKED. It’s an attack on how the front page appears, but the system itself seems to be unaffected. I’d sure like to be notified if it were in fact hacked, meaning who ever is behind it has access to passwords, e-mails, etc.
    It’s like when Anonymous “hacks” the CIA. Not actually gaining access to anything but the appearance of the frontpage..

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Sure, is not a problem for the people in here, but for new “recruits” seeking a site where they can get flamed or tips.. .they will only find a wall of muisc. So
    it is affecting the site quite a bit.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@BertNaked 133756 wrote:

Because I’m a handsome motherfucker.

Well you wouldn’t have to be very handsome to be more so than me, I’ll give you that 😛
    If you were actually Leo DiCaprio, however, I’d tell you to update your pic, since you look far better today than you did in that one 😉

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Update picture you say?
    leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-face.jpg

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@ArniVidar 133752 wrote:

I am a moderator. Do you know what that is? Do you know how much I control I have over this place? Zip. Zilch. Zero. Not a damned thing. I can’t fix this any more than you can. All I can is report this to Turbo and wait for him to fix it, just like you. The only difference is that I actually have his email address which means I’ll get a reply, whereas posting about it on the forum doesn’t reach him at all.

What, exactly, would you have me do? I’m doing all I frickin’ can!

I’d have you get off your ass and contact the admin ASAP, and as a moderator, hold yourself to a higher standard.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Well he looks better in that one, but still looks like he’s taking a dump 😀

I think he always looks best in a beard
    ldicaprio21_gl_17aug12_rex_b.jpg
    or goatee
    Leonardo-DiCaprio-leonardo-dicaprio-16678938-462-598.jpg

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@GrayCatLove 133761 wrote:

I’d have you get off your ass and contact the admin ASAP, and as a moderator, hold yourself to a higher standard.

I contacted the admin ASAP and I don’t understand what you mean by holding myself to a higher standard.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.