poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Wow. I really think some of you guys need to get your heads out of your ass.
    I can’t believe a moderator hasn’t commented on this situation.. Even less that “the boss” is actively involved!!

I hope this is all fun and jokes to you all, but it creates a very negative standard for this forum. Being harsh with truth is great, but come on. This is rubbish.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

There’s only one moderator. Me.

What, exactly, would you have us do? Ignore his leaving and then his return?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@poxphobia 132060 wrote:

Wow. I really think some of you guys need to get your heads out of your ass.
    I can’t believe a moderator hasn’t commented on this situation.. Even less that “the boss” is actively involved!!

I hope this is all fun and jokes to you all, but it creates a very negative standard for this forum. Being harsh with truth is great, but come on. This is rubbish.

What are you going on about?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

What did I miss? Wardy comes back for a day after a couple of days of giving up the forum and gets banned.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@buttwheat 132178 wrote:

What did I miss? Wardy comes back for a day after a couple of days of giving up the forum and gets banned.

Indeed. Came back, turned obnoxious beyond tolerance, and left us. C’est la vie.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Really? I just saw two comment who were in no way worse than what’s usually posted here…

And you’re the only Mod, huh? I thought Sherav and Turbosatan had a say too? Not too active, but hey. They still have a say, don’t they?
    I don’t especially like dictatorship, especially when it’s in the form of power hungry internet trolls. But hey, I’ll probably be banned for getting on your wrong side now.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@poxphobia 132183 wrote:

Really? I just saw two comment who were in no way worse than what’s usually posted here…

And you’re the only Mod, huh? I thought Sherav and Turbosatan had a say too? Not too active, but hey. They still have a say, don’t they?
    I don’t especially like dictatorship, especially when it’s in the form of power hungry internet trolls. But hey, I’ll probably be banned for getting on your wrong side now.

Whut? The first post I read from him after his return was calling someone a fag for having pink in their ink. How is that not worse than what’s usually posted here? If you feel that is acceptable, then feel free to disagree with me, but I don’t find that acceptable at all.

I am the only mod, effectively, because neither Sherav nor Turbo visit or do any moderating…. ever. They have all the say in the world, however, and I follow their rules. I wonder how you managed to decide I am a power hungry internet troll, but I can assure you that I am no such thing. And nobody gets banned for getting on my wrong site… only for being obnoxiously rude to the forum members, or a spammer.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I read that comment as a very typical British joke. I don’t find calling someone a faggot acceptable at all, but I am familiar with the linguistics differences when it comes to slang in certain parts of England, where it’s still far too common and rarely meant as bad as it sounds.

I just didn’t see how he was any worse than a lot of other comments going on here, but that’s just my opinion. I don’t really blame him, as from what I can tell, quite a few have been obnoxiously rude towards him. But I guess I’m more of a “peace & love, give everyone a chance” type of person when it comes to these things 😛

sailorjerry
    Participant
    @sailorjerry

Hi Wardy here, Thank you Poxphobia it was actually a joke but Arni has always took a disliking towards me not really sure why i think it’s because i speak my mind and there aren’t meany people like me in the world anymore so people feel threatened. It was obviously a joke hence the “HaHa” at the end of the sentence with a smiley face. So do you think i could be unbanned Arni because to be honest you over reacted and jumped to conclusions.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Yeah I don’t really think that was ban worthy…

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@sailorjerry 132192 wrote:

It was obviously a joke hence the “HaHa” at the end of the sentence with a smiley face.

Quote:
    You are a stupid cunt!
    Haha.

There you go.. see how that Haha made my words much better and not in the least rude? Of course it doesn’t. The Haha doesn’t make the words any less rude or obnoxious.
    Sorry Wardy, I should point out that I do not feel that you are a stupid cunt. It’s just very hard to give an example without actually using rudeness.

You, and everybody else has been warned that we are trying to cut down on obnoxious rudeness that is chasing people away. You, and everybody else, was warned to learn to behave yourselves or bans would ensue, without warning.

There is absolutely NOTHING acceptable about calling someone a faggot for a choice of colors, regardless of how it might be construed in a closed circle of friends. This is an international forum, and you cannot expect the whole world to see things as you see them, nor be as approving of your choice of words.

I’ll therefore make a deal with you. I’ll happily unban your account if you try to choose your words more carefully from now on and above all stop attacking people that don’t share your lifestyle choices. Silly rude banter is one thing, but there are lines that we should try not to cross.

As for me disliking you, we’ve gone through this time and again. I don’t dislike you, nor do I dislike people that speak their mind. The whole concept of people speaking their mind is exactly why this place is so great. You need to learn that if I disagree with you, or you disagree with me, does not equate us disliking each other.

How about it Wardy?

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@poxphobia 132189 wrote:

I don’t find calling someone a faggot acceptable at all, but I am familiar with the linguistics differences when it comes to slang in certain parts of England, where it’s still far too common and rarely meant as bad as it sounds.

Exactly. It’s far too common and it always sounds bad. On the internet nobody can see you smile and nobody can hear your sarcasm dripping. Treading the online rudeness and sarcasm waters is a difficult thing that we all fail at from time to time.

@poxphobia 132189 wrote:

from what I can tell, quite a few have been obnoxiously rude towards him.

Well that is one of the bigger problems with the level of banter in here. The regulars are quite regularly rude to each other in a bantering sort of way. From the get go Wardy has made it a point to maintain this banter and partake in it (and in a way he actually instigated and upped the level of this rude banter on the forums), so from the outside it would probably seem that people are picking on him. This is perhaps best evidenced by the myriad of Wardy quotes that have been in people’s signature lines for the past few years. He, however, is far too strong a character to suffer any foolishness and is quick to dish out as heavily as he gets…. so there’s absolutely no worry of him being picked on.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@ArniVidar 132201 wrote:

How about it Wardy?

I’ve been a member here for almost a year. I have much better tattoo work because of this forum and it’s conglomeration of opinions. Wardy has filled a position here that I can only describe as the forum’s mascot. He’s always there to say something off the wall and unexpected.

He’s taken exception to things I’ve said and the feeling is mutual. I have a thick skin though and I can live with it.

Unban him? It’s easier than finding somebody to replace him.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

You can never assume that everyone shares your point of view. This includes how to demonstrate sarcasm, jokes, etc. Most people in this world grow up in a community. Where they learn slang, do’s and do not’s, how to portrait themselves, etc. Today this includes our internet communities. Not everyone has accepted that “haha” isn’t applicable to prove something is a joke, because in a huge part of the internet, it is. It’s quick, simple and in a lot of places, a completely acceptable disclaimer.
    There are people on this forum of all ages – Some are very well known with how to portrait humor verses actual insults, others are not. How about next time something comes across to you ass mean, obnoxious etc, ask the person to clarify? Every community has it’s language.
    In this case I got it, because I’m pretty well known with british humor. (truth be told, I once went off on a dude for saying faggot in London, and I was put in my place and explained how the person meant no harm whatsoever, and he just hadn’t let go of the habit) It’s a bad habit of using these words, but people need to learn where they are understood by their peers, and where they are not. I’m sure a lot of the language and curse words used in my circle of friends, will be insulting to others. I was recently fronted on my use of the word “bimbo”… Not nice. But it serves a purpose in my circle of friends. (I’m an anthropologist, I could go on about this for hours… Sorry!)

I personally wasn’t aware of the “banned without warning for bad language” rule, so that might be something to remind people of once in a while 🙂 And having been gone for a few years, the level of banter was also new to me. It’s often hard for outsiders to see the line between banter and actual insults.

And I’m personally very happy to see everyone acting mature and constructive ;D For once I commented on something on the internet and something constructive is coming from it.. Who knew!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

There’s no one quite like Wardy.

There’s room for all opinions here as long as people aren’t absolute assholes. (And he doesn’t even touch my own threshold for that.)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.