Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

The forum isn’t the same anymore, a lot of the activity is from newer members and not much of the old ones anymore, most of the threads created are silly questions that have been answered hundreds of times before(Should take the time to look before asking) and most of the other threads made are people introducing themselves then never bother speaking again.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 131284 wrote:

The forum isn’t the same anymore, a lot of the activity is from newer members and not much of the old ones anymore.

I’ve noticed a few members that joined a couple of years ago that are just now becoming active. Some are becoming active after years of just browsing the threads.

Some new members drop out because they don’t like to hear cold, hard, reality.

(In my area people are still getting some tribal tattoos and are proud of them)

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

The forum is the same, it’s you that has changed. Not so long ago you were the one in here creating threads with silly questions that had been answered hundreds of times before. It all goes in a circle. Such is the nature of online forums.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@ArniVidar 131290 wrote:

The forum is the same, it’s you that has changed. Not so long ago you were the one in here creating threads with silly questions that had been answered hundreds of times before. It all goes in a circle. Such is the nature of online forums.

not silly questions like scabbing etc.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

That’s not a silly question. That’s a beginners’ question. If you can’t handle others knowing less than yourself and asking to be educated so that they might possibly know something, then you have no business being on a forum. As I said, that is the whole purpose of a forum.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

I can handle it, I’m simply saying the question would already be answered if they bothered to look at previous threads..

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 131293 wrote:

I can handle it, I’m simply saying the question would already be answered if they bothered to look at previous threads..

One of the first messages I ever got was from you, Wardy, chastising me for bumping an old thread. I was new and I didn’t know it was frowned upon.
    You did explain it to me in a later message, but you really were a dick and had my skin been thinner I would not have continued any longer.

I went off on a relatively new member some time ago and Arni straightened me out.

dhurley40
    Participant
    @dhurley40

I am a member of other forums for years and I look to educate the noobs on those but I do get the frustration of seeing the same subject brought up every other week…as a noob here I appreciate the knowledge and look forward to leaning from all of you!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I was active here years ago and came back, and I still see some old faces. And man, have I learned a lot in those years I was gone! I asked stupid questions too, I still do, and I still learn a lot. Everyone needs to learn somehow, and it’s not always a lot of fun to look through old threads for two days before you find something you can relate to.
    yeah sure, a lot of questions have been answered before, but things also change. The industry itself is developing, so answers won’t be the same.
    And good way to keep life in an online forum; Answer everything with “it’s been asked before, go look” and shutting down new threads.

I think it’s good to be open minded and allow beginners questions though.. Even if it’s been asked before. Keep ’em learning 🙂

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

How can I make love to my wife properly?

dhurley40
    Participant
    @dhurley40

@peterpoose 131298 wrote:

Wait your wife lets you do that still?!? :p

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@dhurley40 131296 wrote:

I am a member of other forums for years and I look to educate the noobs on those but I do get the frustration of seeing the same subject brought up every other week…as a noob here I appreciate the knowledge and look forward to leaning from all of you!

Who fucking asked you!

Just kidding. Thanks for your input!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@peterpoose 131298 wrote:

If you’re asking anybody, I can help after I assess the situation with some hands on (and other parts) evaluation.

We HEART LA
    Participant
    @we-heart-la

Haha^^ I think people want more Tattoo pics less discussion. I prefer a mix of both.

What do I know. I’m a newb here..

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@We HEART LA 131310 wrote:

Haha^^ I think people want more Tattoo pics less discussion. I prefer a mix of both.

What do I know. I’m a newb here..

There are thousands of tattoo pictures in the “gallery”. Have you checked them out?

We would like to see your tattoos as well.

Thank you for your input.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.