Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

This forum isn’t as good as it used to be.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Wardy 131279 wrote:

This forum isn’t as good as it used to be.

A bunch of asshole tattoo snobs that deal out the truth fucked it all up

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@buttwheat 131281 wrote:

A bunch of asshole tattoo snobs that deal out the truth fucked it all up

I’m all about the truth i just hate snobs who think they are better than everybody else, need to get the stick from up their ass.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I need to get out of the house and interact with people who have nothing to do with work.

And I’m going to do it.

Next week.

*hides under covers*

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

We have been endlessly busy tonight. My legs hurt. My arms hurt. My back hurts. And now I gotta see some asshole at the ER with a runny nose. Just how I wanted to end my eighth day in a row.

Tomorrow, I go to the doctor. I admit, I make some of my bad patients look like angels. And I have a million things to do.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I saw a guy in a kangaroo costume doing the walk of shame today. Complete with baby kangaroo in the pouch. At 11 in the morning.
    This day is going well so far!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I had a horrible day at work yesterday. A record number of us stopped at a local tavern after work.

I had three pints of a local I.P.A. and pretzels. The perfect attitude adjustment.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 134038 wrote:

I had a horrible day at work yesterday. A record number of us stopped at a local tavern after work.

I had three pints of a local I.P.A. and pretzels. The perfect attitude adjustment.

If only I could find a bar that serves at 8 AM (and tolerate alcohol better, one and done here if I can finish it).

Was yesterday National Shitty Work Day? I was not informed. No one I know had a good day.

Right now I’m painting my nails before I do my makeup. Because, the biggest killer to one’s career in this field: Actually looking sick/sloppy in front of patients/the jerks of your peers. Bad idea.

But I think I’ve changed over a career that’s spanned eight years now. I mean, they don’t call me House for nothin’. In all seriousness, I understand that character; he does care what others think. But to make the best decision, you have to rationalize and act, not give way to feelings. I cried for the first time in front of someone I’d known through cancer, through so many things (personal trainer). He was absolutely aghast that my feelings, well, were hurt by a family member over something dumb (called me a Fifth Street whore, said I was a failure) and probably the effects of working long, unforgiving hours for days didn’t make me anymore rational. The trainer did that distinct man thing where they look a little frightened and touch you, gently, on the shoulder, like a dog that might bite, and go, “Hey… Hey… It’s okay. It’s okay.” No, I did not want to cancel, and ended up doing the workout, albeit with a look of shame. (I’m sure bystanders thought there was a whole different story.)

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I think my trainer tried to kill me today. Ho-ly crap. He worked me so hard that I am too exhausted to shower. I’m so sweaty that it soaked right through my jacket on the drive home.

I am very afraid of what’s going to hurt tomorrow. Hopefully my legs still work when I wake up tomorrow morning, but I have my doubts.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

In the Harrisburg, PA area we have bars that open at 7:00 AM. There are many “C” trickers out there that get off work from 6 -7 AM.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I’m so friggin’ tired nothing makes sense. I don’t remember when I fell asleep or anything.

Also, I have two minor surgeries next week. Boy, do I know how to spend my days off.

Edit: This ulcer is killing me. Tried adding strawberries to my oatmeal for dinner, you know, for variety… PAIN! Basically surviving off low fat hormone free chocolate milk, oatmeal, Diet Dr. Pepper (which sometimes aggravates it), and regular soda. At first my thought was, “You’re gonna gain weight drinking regular soda.” Then I remembered if I would like to make at least 1200 kcal and keep it down, drink the damn soda.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@poxphobia 134035 wrote:

I saw a guy in a kangaroo costume doing the walk of shame today. Complete with baby kangaroo in the pouch. At 11 in the morning.
    This day is going well so far!

Oh, I forgot UKA has just begun!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@BertNaked 134087 wrote:

Oh, I forgot UKA has just begun!

Haha, yeah it was a pretty good indication that it had!!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 134060 wrote:

In the Harrisburg, PA area we have bars that open at 7:00 AM. There are many “C” trickers out there that get off work from 6 -7 AM.

See, I live in a dry county in the south. No bars. No place is even open to buy beer.

Doesn’t matter too much. When the shifts run 14-16 hours, I don’t do much other than run home, vacuum, and sleep.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I forgot about this thread and now I have remember it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 754 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.