jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Ive had to dry wrap the last 2 because im out of my saniderm. And both appointments were made same day as the tattoo. And im having an odd reaction to the deep red pigment in a couple spots.

kittykat200
    Participant
    @kittykat200

I need a nap…

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@kittykat200 145523 wrote:

I need a nap…

I take one every day after dinner,but then I’m an old guy.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@NorCalDan 145526 wrote:

I take one every day after dinner,but then I’m an old guy.

I can sit down almost anywhere and doze off. Years of working “on call” will do that to a person.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Is it customary to tip for touchups. If so whats acceptable?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 145663 wrote:

Is it customary to tip for touchups. If so whats acceptable?

For “free” touch ups I tip pretty well. It’s like tipping when getting a complimentary beer, or a beer with a “chip”. The bartender (or server) still has to earn a living.

In Las Vegas while you’re gambling, drinks are free. If you tip the server well, the drinks and service are better.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I would tip for a touch up. For the same reasons that Sam said. Plus to show the artist that I appreciate the artist’s time and work. I have also tipped for a second session on a ‘pay by the piece’ (instead of by the hour). The artist reminded me that it had already been paid for, inluding a tip, during the first session. I just smiled and said that I appreciated his time. He appreciated the tip.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Ok lets say the tattoo was $400. What would be appropriate for the touchup tip?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 145676 wrote:

Ok lets say the tattoo was $400. What would be appropriate for the touchup tip?

$50.00 jumps out, but since I usually take a bunch of food along, it’s hard to say for me.

(I’m talking “cook for hours over a hot stove” type food)

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Getting ready to leave for Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. 5 days of bliss before the fucking winter sets in!

I’m going to visit Eric Wyatt in Lewes, DE on Friday. He’s a Facebook friend / tattooer. (Skin Graffiti Tattoos)

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

So my wife has finally decided to step it up and start on her first sleeve. Well i should say shes wanting to start on her right arm to cap it off. i only influenced her decision to do it and artist quality. She has decided to contact kristel oreto for some colorful girly stuff. Kinda middle of the road id say. But its a good excuse for me to get tattooed in tampa.

Edit: Maybe i can get her to hold off till the niteowl tampa location opens up. That would be rad. Id drive 6 hours for a timmy b guest spot.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

The big 200! I hit 200 inking hours today. I’ll post some photos of my latest tattoos.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Sam-I-Am 145819 wrote:

The big 200! I hit 200 inking hours today. I’ll post some photos of my latest tattoos.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Where is this on? Knee?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 145833 wrote:

Where is this on? Knee?

Left knee.

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 754 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.