GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Amok 134495 wrote:

Today we met the yellow wiggle, best day of my life!

The hilarious part is I know exactly what you’re talking about. Damn Wiggles. Can you name the four colors?

30 minutes and it’s down to a lull. Surprisingly okay start to a weeiend

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Sam-I-Am 134493 wrote:

Holy crap!
    I don’t quite understand what I’m seeing. Why is there concrete and rebar coming out of the locomotive? Did it go in through the hull and out the other side?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

This shot is a little better.

@ArniVidar 134504 wrote:

Holy crap!
    I don’t quite understand what I’m seeing. Why is there concrete and rebar coming out of the locomotive? Did it go in through the hull and out the other side?

The crossing was at the center of a sharp “S” curve in the road. The truck driver miss judged the angle and got stuck. The train hit the concrete “I” beam dead center at just under 50 MPH. The railroad curved just east of the crossing and the westbound train had only a few seconds to react. They did put the air brakes into an emergency application, but the train only slowed by a few mph before impact. The conductor only had a mild injury to his arm.

To answer you question specifically, a chunk of the beam was pushed into the compartment under the cab. Thus tearing the door off.

This was another one of three in the convoy.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I’m wearing a pretty pink dress.. And heels. And I even curled my hair and got a ton of make up on! This feels sooo weird.
    I like dressing up, but I hardly ever do! I wear Dr martens boots and black milk leggings… This is odd.
    To even it out a bit my necklace fronts an animal skull and my heels are covered in spikes. It helps a little bit.
    Waaah!
    Tattoo studio anniversary party.. I’m gonna be slightly over-dressed. Girly and shit.
    I’m gonna have to even this out with a lot of cursing and whiskey drinking.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 134508 wrote:

I’m wearing a pretty pink dress.. And heels. And I even curled my hair and got a ton of make up on! This feels sooo weird.
    I like dressing up, but I hardly ever do! I wear Dr martens boots and black milk leggings… This is odd.
    To even it out a bit my necklace fronts an animal skull and my heels are covered in spikes. It helps a little bit.
    Waaah!
    Tattoo studio anniversary party.. I’m gonna be slightly over-dressed. Girly and shit.

Just walk around telling people that they need not apologize for overdressing. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Being able to show flexibility in fashion is a good thing. I’ve always liked being virtually unrecognizable based on what I wear.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@GrayCatLove 134496 wrote:

The hilarious part is I know exactly what you’re talking about. Damn Wiggles. Can you name the four colors?

30 minutes and it’s down to a lull. Surprisingly okay start to a weeiend

I’m afraid I can, my kid watches them all the time. Although most of the original guys have retired now except the blue wiggle. There’s 3 new ones including a female. Its just not the same, like watching a cover band….

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Amok 134512 wrote:

I’m afraid I can, my kid watches them all the time. Although most of the original guys have retired now except the blue wiggle. There’s 3 new ones including a female. Its just not the same, like watching a cover band….

I hear you. I see a lot of that crap because when I was an RN, I started out in peds purely by luck. Now I’m getting behind the curve again.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Happy Birthday NorCalDan!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 134538 wrote:

Happy Birthday NorCalDan!

X2

Don’t have the time, but when I get home, I’m going to take a baseball bat to something.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@poxphobia 134508 wrote:

Waaah!

Pics or it didn’t happen. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Seriously, I’m a shoe whore so I want to see pics of the shoes!!

Hope you had a fantastic time strutting your fabulous self around the event.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Call_me_Lola 134566 wrote:

You know in WeHo there’s this really great thrift store where they put on used Louboutins and amazing shoes a few times ahead. They’re really nice there and you can call and tell them, “Hey, I’m looking for ____ in a size 6-7 in a flat and 8 if it has a little bitty toe box,” . and they will HOLD IT FOR YOU for that first day of the sale. Remember that if you get tattooed in LA again.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@Call_me_Lola 134566 wrote:

Haha, it was Jeffery Campbell spiked black Litas ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love them, most comfy heels I have!
    It was fun, luckily some of the artists have very stylish wives who wear awesome dresses and pin-up hair and all. So I wasn’t overdressed ;D

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 134573 wrote:

Haha, it was Jeffery Campbell spiked black Litas ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love them, most comfy heels I have!
    It was fun, luckily some of the artists have very stylish wives who wear awesome dresses and pin-up hair and all. So I wasn’t overdressed ;D

I really envy women with beautiful, luscious hair that goes in amazing styles. Alas, my signature is this dark pixie. Works on my face, but I can admire beautiful hair in others.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

yeah, it’s beautiful! I have pretty long hair now myself, but its such a fuzz making it look pretty ๐Ÿ˜› And my hair doesn’t like to be told what to do.
    So going for a major change in style in a week! Looking forward to it, my hair always just ends up the same. Inbetween pinks, blues and purples, ofc. Haha

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 134578 wrote:

yeah, it’s beautiful! I have pretty long hair now myself, but its such a fuzz making it look pretty ๐Ÿ˜› And my hair doesn’t like to be told what to do.
    So going for a major change in style in a week! Looking forward to it, my hair always just ends up the same. Inbetween pinks, blues and purples, ofc. Haha

My dad and I were talking; we both LOVE blonde hair (and have very dark hair). You have beautiful hair, and while it’s work, there’s a lot you can do with it. Go for the fun colors and live it up!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 754 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.