anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Just got my first speeding ticket in 10 years and it’s the worst one I’ve ever gotten: 91 in a 65. Don’t get me wrong – I’ve gone much, much faster, but I’ve never been caught doing so. 😀 Kudos to the NJ State Trooper that stopped me though for being polite and friendly. That’s a first for me w/ NJ Staties. Time to slow down for awhile. 🙁

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I was riding my bike thru Atlanta last weekend, let off at 150(ish) when i saw a cop going the opposite way down 20 east near conyers. Traffic was bad so I just got off a few exits down and got something to drink. Never saw him again. He had to have seen me.

Panter
Participant
@panter

What’s the penalty over there for speeding?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Panter;115617 wrote:

$220 and 5 points for this particular violation. (The fine isn’t that bad really. In my youth I got a $400 speeding ticket for not going nearly that fast in upstate NY.) Anyway, since I live in PA and got the ticket in NJ, it looks like I may escape the points (according to PennDOT’s website) since speeding is considered a “minor violation” unless you go 30+ over. The odds are good that I will lose my insurance though, which sucks because my current insurance is nearly 50% less than what I will pay with any other provider.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Similar to here really, except I think you’d looking at 3-6 points (out of a maximum of 12)
Interesting you lose your insurance, I think I’m right in saying that you buy an insurance for yourself to drive anything over there? here it’s all based solely on the vehicle and you have to have insurance specific to that vehicle.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
jerryatrophy;115614 wrote:
I was riding my bike thru Atlanta last weekend, let off at 150(ish) Traffic was bad .

150 in traffic… I’m sorry but you sir are a retard. you may think you are in control but you have no control over that chick that is texting her bff how bad traffic is that just drifted over.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes
Panter;115617 wrote:

A good bumming I believe 😮

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Panter;115620 wrote:
Similar to here really, except I think you’d looking at 3-6 points (out of a maximum of 12)
Interesting you lose your insurance, I think I’m right in saying that you buy an insurance for yourself to drive anything over there? here it’s all based solely on the vehicle and you have to have insurance specific to that vehicle.

Yes, car insurance is required for all vehicles and we can choose any coverage we’d like as long as it meets the state required minimums for liability. Cars owned by the bank are also required to have collision.

My insurance company is very strict. They only insure those with the cleanest records, which is what keeps the rates low. If they give me the boot, I’m looking at a huge increase with the 2nd cheapest company. Even if they keep me on, I’ll lose my “Safe Driver Discount,” which is like 10-15% off my total for the year.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy
buttwheat;115633 wrote:
150 in traffic… I’m sorry but you sir are a retard. you may think you are in control but you have no control over that chick that is texting her bff how bad traffic is that just drifted over.

I have no arguments sir. Stupid yes. Reckless yes. Fun yes.

Amok
Participant
@amok

The biggest fine I ever got was for going 70km/hr in a 40 zone. $1500 and 3 months license suspension. I was pissed about the fine because I came around a corner and there were no speed signs that I passed on the main road.

Panter
Participant
@panter
D3FiANC3;115639 wrote:
Yes, car insurance is required for all vehicles and we can choose any coverage we’d like as long as it meets the state required minimums for liability. Cars owned by the bank are also required to have collision.

My insurance company is very strict. They only insure those with the cleanest records, which is what keeps the rates low. If they give me the boot, I’m looking at a huge increase with the 2nd cheapest company. Even if they keep me on, I’ll lose my “Safe Driver Discount,” which is like 10-15% off my total for the year.

Good luck, hope you find a reasonable deal

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

your insurance company may let you go to driving school for major points reduction, 5 points can be taken off once every 5 years here in atlanta

funny, I have about 43 tickets in atlanta, just over 200 lifetime, never got a single one on any motorcycle????………………..curious fact

ArniVidar
@arnividar
mrchen;115748 wrote:
never got a single one on any motorcycle????

That’s just because they can’t catch you 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.