DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat
Panter;110065 wrote:
Easy tiger, I was agreeing with you 😉

There’s no law to stop him from calling it a gun, same as there’s nothing stopping me calling my dog a squirrel. It’s not true though…

I quoted you because I was agreeing with you. The animosity was directed at the original poster. I should have known. That dude baits people all the time. As a tattoo apprentice/artist, I don’t like it much when people disrespect the history and honor of tattooing.

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

You say you want an intelligent debate and you chose this as your subject matter. Seriously go and do something useful. If you want an intelligent debate then please select intelligent subject matter and I’ll be happy to take the time coming up with informed responses with evidence to support.

As for this “intelligent debate”… it’s a machine, because that was how it was patented, and that’s what the majority of the respectable tattooing community deem to name it, I’ll stick with them thanks.

Samantha Bassa-Romero
Participant
@samantha-bassa-romero

Samuel O’Reilly patented the first tattoo machine ever which was a rotary machine. The first single coil machine was patented by Thomas Riley. Not Percy Waters. Both were patented as machines by the way.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

@Samantha Bassa-Romero 145785 wrote:

Samuel O’Reilly patented the first tattoo machine ever which was a rotary machine. The first single coil machine was patented by Thomas Riley. Not Percy Waters. Both were patented as machines by the way.

Three year old troll thread. You deserve a cookie.

Samantha Bassa-Romero
Participant
@samantha-bassa-romero

@jerryatrophy 145804 wrote:

Three year old troll thread. You deserve a cookie.

I was not trolling I was watching Ink Master and the subject of gun vs machine came up, and I have heard it called both. I looked the matter up to find out more about it and the OP’s post popped up in the Google search results and I checked it out after first researching the history of the tattoo machine. Not everyone is a troll I love to learn new things I always have and always will. I love to share information with others so they can learn as well.

Samantha Bassa-Romero
Participant
@samantha-bassa-romero

@mrchen 110056 wrote:

You came here to start an argument, I think the patent office holds our answer, your wrong, and a smart ass to boot, I like your signature, I think your presence here is going to die, very soon, we don’t need trolling assholes here to post threads simply for the sake of fighting with established members and professionals in the inudustry

We wont be sad to see you go

if you want to start a fight off the Internet search my name, I’m easy to find and always ready,
Good day to you sir, grow up

Percy Waters of Detroit, Michigan designed and patented what would become the first modern tattoo machine, in terms of frame geometry, on Aug. 13th 1929. The first modern tattoo machine. However,
O’Reilly patented the first Electric Tattooing Machine on Dec. 8th 1891. Tom Riley of London, England patented his electromagnetic coil machine on Dec. 28th 1891. Check it out for yourself before telling me I’m wrong. I did not come here for an argument. I agreed with the fact that the very first patentee labeled it as a machine. The OP wanted a legitimate reason as to why it is not a gun and is a machine. I gave him factual evidence from the original inventor of the tattoo machine who labeled it a machine and not a gun in his patent.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

And still nobody cares…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.