msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

For those of you who were waiting for me to do my 10-mile charity run, well, I did it today and all went well. I had run a practice 10 miles a couple weeks just to be sure I’d be up for it and it really was no problem at all for me. I run 5 miles on a daily basis anyway, and for about 6 weeks I upped it to 6 miles daily in preparation for today. Anyway, just thought I’d let those of you who were aware of this know I did it! Perhaps I’ll try doing a marathon someday! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Jesus congrats on doing 10miles. I certainly wouldn’t be able to do it, Im the type of guy to wait for you at the finish line with a pint and a pie.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Great job! Don’t think I could run that far, the furthest I’ve done is 8kms

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Congrats. ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

What you ran 10 miles? Your car break? Someone chasing you?

No. congrats great job.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Good lord….. yeah, I don’t think I could do that… well, I suppose I could run 10 miles but I’d need a lot of smoke and drink breaks in between. LOL

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Congratulations.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

congrats ms mercury! i wish i can force myself to like running but really can’t… i’d rather play 4 or 5 hrs of tennis non-stop than run a marathon… but to each his own :0 happy for you!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
xanderx;101483 wrote:
congrats ms mercury! i wish i can force myself to like running but really can’t… i’d rather play 4 or 5 hrs of tennis non-stop than run a marathon… but to each his own :0 happy for you!

I love tennis too, but don’t play anymore. I love running. It is the ONLY alone & quiet time in my life. It is my salvation right now. Not to mention the great high I get from it! ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Wardy;101468 wrote:
Jesus congrats on doing 10miles. I certainly wouldn’t be able to do it, Im the type of guy to wait for you at the finish line with a pint and a pie.

Haha, Wardy! Is the pie for throwing in the face?!! LOL!! I can picture that now, arriving at the finish line, taking a swig and then getting a pie in the face! ๐Ÿ˜€

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
JENerationX;101476 wrote:
Good lord….. yeah, I don’t think I could do that… well, I suppose I could run 10 miles but I’d need a lot of smoke and drink breaks in between. LOL

Ha! Very funny!! I know what you mean, though. I never thought I’d do this, but I’ve built up to it over the past few years. I started out at 2.5 miles a day and then gradually increased it because I was enjoying my time alone and the high so much I did not want to go home! So, I just run longer to stretch out the good feeling! ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
buttwheat;101475 wrote:
What you ran 10 miles? Your car break? Someone chasing you?

No. congrats great job.

Haha! At my age, I need to do something to stay in shape! Sometimes when I’m running I will pretend I’m being chased to see how fast I can run, but in reality there have been a few weirdos driving by that have caused me to run like the wind! ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Amok;101469 wrote:
Great job! Don’t think I could run that far, the furthest I’ve done is 8kms

That’s pretty impressive. I’ve been doing this awhile and I do it everyday, so, I have gotten good at distance, not speed. I actually only run about 6 to 6.5mph. Not very fast, a slow steady pace. I average 45 to 47 minutes for a 5 mile run depending on my pain levels and how rested I am. ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
D3FiANC3;101470 wrote:
Congrats. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks much!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
bluey;101477 wrote:
Congratulations.

Thank you very much!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.