BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Another one I forgot was Boondock Saints 1.. The 2nd one ruined any possibilities of a series for me

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

The Count of Monte Cristo
Godfather

Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985

Gladiator
Running Scared
Derailed
Dewey Cox

Just listing them makes me want to go watch each one of them again.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Omg how could i forget Gladiator !

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The absolute best? Impossible to answer that…

Hmm.. a few good ones off the top of my head, for various reasons:
Mindhunters, Office Space, The Green Mile, The Road to Perdition, Battle Royale, Men In Black, Stephen King’s IT, Castaway, The Lord Of The Rings, The Rundown, Electric Dreams, The Sixth Sense, Young Guns, The Lion King, Aladdin, Danny The Dog, Panic Rom, Resident Evil, Good Will Hunting, Jakob The Liar, The Hunt For Red October, Braveheart, The Terminal, Dances With Wolves, Ong Bak, Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves, American History X, Lean On Me, Memphis Belle, Brewster’s Millions, Air America, Equilibrium, Luc Besson’s Taxi series, Coming To America, Twister, Toy Story 3, Dead Poets Society, Hero, Cool Runnings, Akira, The Day After Tomorrow, Stigmata, Pitch Black, Independence Day, Jurassic Park, Convoy, Armageddon, Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, The Breakfast Club, Casper, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Postman, Ronin, Fifth Element, La Vita é Bella, The Pianist, Shawshank Redemption and Schindler’s List.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Wow, extremely hard to do this, but I have to say Mr. Chen and Arni’s lists include many, many of the movies I would list and I would add another Patricia Arquette alongside the Stigmata and that is Beyond Rangoon. I saw tons of other movies listed I would list as well.

It would be easier to list favorites according to genres as I am a lover of all genres. I’m also a big fan of the old classics like Casablanca etc and the old black and white horrors. I particularly like film noir classics such as Double Indemnity etc and Alfred Hitchcock movies. Tons of foreign films, horror, sci-fi, musicals, westerns, comedies and on and on and on!

I really find it hard to even think of all the movies that I consider my favorites!

I’d add these as well:
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Shining
Shaun of the Dead
The Mothman Prophecies
12 Angry Men
Rosemary’s Baby
Jeepers Creepers
Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion (funny!)
Grease (near the top of the list)
Contact
It’s A Wonderful Life
Raiders of the Lost Ark
A Clockwork Orange

And on and on and on, but you get the idea. I like everything! 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Haha Arnie i forgot about “Office space” truly amazing film haha!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ArniVidar;100049 wrote:
Dances With Wolves, The Postman,

Damn things most be boring in Iceland

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Whilst I love most types of films if I had to choose one as the all time best it would have to be:

Raging Bull.

The amount of work by each actor (especially De Niro) and the cinmephotography etc makes this film watchable no matter how many times I have seen it.

I would have to say one of my favourite comedy/horror would have to be Brain Dead which is a close second.

Take care
Matthew

ArniVidar
@arnividar
buttwheat;100065 wrote:
Damn things most be boring in Iceland

Very underestimated movies and unappreciated director in my opinion 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Sherav;100084 wrote:
Whilst I love most types of films if I had to choose one as the all time best it would have to be:

Raging Bull.

The amount of work by each actor (especially De Niro) and the cinmephotography etc makes this film watchable no matter how many times I have seen it.

I would have to say one of my favourite comedy/horror would have to be Brain Dead which is a close second.

Take care
Matthew

Goodfellas (Gangster movie) another one of De Niro’s greatest

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.