Wardy
Participant
@wardy
D3FiANC3;93865 wrote:
I wouldn’t wipe my arse with most fast food burgers and there isn’t one in existence that ranks above mediocre. However, a good homemade burger or one from a steakhouse … mmmmm. ๐Ÿ™‚

I typically make them about 7 oz (raw weight). The key to keeping them juicy is simply to not press them down while cooking them.

I would like to try one of your burgers if they are 7oz! yum.

And i agree you can’t beat a homemade burger i love them on the barbieque

Adler
Participant
@adler

So, when is your trip? Are you all set?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Adler;96197 wrote:
So, when is your trip? Are you all set?

I’m in PA right now, leaving for NY on Wednesday. I’m think I’m as set as I can be at this point ๐Ÿ™‚

Adler
Participant
@adler
ArniVidar;96206 wrote:
I’m in PA right now, leaving for NY on Wednesday. I’m think I’m as set as I can be at this point ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck, I hope you enjoy your trip and stay safe.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Thank you. I’m just hoping this new storm and hurricane won’t drown the Amtrak lines again. I had a bitch of a time getting here from NY because Amtrak was closed.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Don’t forget to take a picture of a cheeseburger for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Adler
Participant
@adler

Do you want to tell us how your trip was? I’d love to know if you enjoyed NY or not, etc.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

yeah I would like to know too ! :D:D:D

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sorry for the delayed response guys. I’ve been muy busy at work since I got home.

America and NYC were spectacular as was expected. NYC was way too hot, though, especially in down in the subway systems.
The two major downers were that I got sick on day 2 over there, and am still sick today (found myself having a fever yesterday), and that I was robbed by JFK/TSA staff on my way home. Other than that, it was all brilliant. ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Glad to hear you enjoyed NYC – sorry to hear you got robbed by the TSA – what exactly happened :confused:

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Yeah, seriously? What happened? I’ve had TSA rob me of my time and my dignity, but never anything like a true crime!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I had two pieces of checked luggage. One of them had full to the brim with valuable crap.. two Kindles, a bunch of iPod accessories, some Kindle cases, headphones, a backpack, cologne’s and other assorted stuff… someone opened that one bag, neatly pulled crap away, took ONE (the more expensive of the two) Kindle, put everything neatly back again and sent it on it’s merry way. I’m VERY particular about how I pack my bags, so I would have noticed if they had rummaged through it but they didn’t.. they hand-picked that one item before they even opened the bag… in other words, it was the TSA guys that actually x-ray all the bags that did it.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

That’s awful, I’m sorry that happened. I hope you don’t let it sour you on the States. My wife had an expensive jacket stolen the same way years ago, taken right off the top from her checked suitcase.

Hope the rest of your trip was good (other than the flu, and the hurricane, and the stiffling subway heat…). Yeah, okay. I wouldn’t come back here either. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, it was.. interesting ๐Ÿ˜€

When I flew over, I actually flew over Hurricane Irene as it left the US and headed for Iceland.
Once I landed in the US, I see that Amtrak still had not cleared their railroad, so I had to take the bus.
Arrived at the Megabus terminal at 3:50, having just missed the 3:45 bus to Philadelphia.
Thanks to congestion (what with Amtrak being closed and all, there was a slight increase in traffic), the 4:40 bus only arrived at 5:55.. which meant I stood in line in 85ยฐF (29ยฐC) heat for two hours.. never suntanned while queueing before ๐Ÿ˜€
When I finally got to 30th Street Station in Philly at 8:15, the first of the Amtrak trains from New York has just pulled up… yes, they opened the tracks while I waited in line !
Spent a glorious week in and around Philly, but on day three I had become sick… I didn’t let that bother me, though.. I just plowed through it.

My first night in Philly, however, I see the news that another Hurricane is headed to Philly AND a Tropical Storm as well, and if both would hit at once (as it looked like they might) the entire area would be flooded to shit.
That didn’t happen, but I left Phillly on Wednesday around noon and the storm arrived a few hours later, flooding the area that I just left ๐Ÿ˜€

I found my B&B at about 5pm and immediately sat down in front of the AC and de-melted myself before showering and leaving for the first broadway show (The Phantom Of The Opera is spectacular, naturally). But when I was leaving, one of the guys in the B&B asked me if I’d want to borrow an umbrella, since it might rain?

“Naaw! I can handle some rain! It’ll just cool me down!”

…. indeed!

When I exited the theater, the weather was perfect. I made my way down to 1st avenue via subway and when I stepped out of the subway there I literally stepped into a flying swimming pool. I was drenched in 0.4 seconds, and it took me 8 minutes to walk from the subway station to my B&B. Suffice to say, everything was wet, and with no heating going in the middle of the summer and 90% humidity, things were not about to be getting dry any time soon ๐Ÿ˜€

The next day I walked (some rain, but tolerable) down to a store and bought an umbrella. When I got out of the store it had stopped raining. I carried that umbrella with me every second from that moment on, and it never rained again.

So that tourist, walking around Times Square with a camera around his neck, his cellphone at his ear, his coat around his waist and his umbrella in his hand for two whole days… yeah, that was me ๐Ÿ˜€

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
ArniVidar;97326 wrote:
The next day I walked (some rain, but tolerable) down to a store and bought an umbrella. When I got out of the store it had stopped raining. I carried that umbrella with me every second from that moment on, and it never rained again.

Always the way. hehe We carried umbrellas to a concert in Philadelphia last summer because it was raining when we got out of the car. It stopped about a minutes later and didn’t rain another drop for the entire 5-hour concert.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.