AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh

Americans are being forced to shut the fuck up!! From construction sites, car alarms, barking dogs and booming stereos – America is creating new laws to crack down on noise. The Federal Noise Control Act was created in 1972 to set some broad guidelines on noise pollution. But according to Americans and local governments we are getting louder and louder. In Richmond, VA there is a law against noise that can be heard 50 feet away. Violators could face jail time!! In NYC dog owners are subject to fines of up to $175 if their pets bark for more than 10 minutes!!

“People continuously exposed to loud sounds experience elevated stress levels, hypertension, depression, and lost sleep & productivity” – Richard Tur, founder of NoiseOFF (a website for people who want quieter communities.

In the end common sense may be more effective than legal crackdown.

“We should educate people about the benefits of quiet and the risks that noise poses to our ears, hearts and minds” – George Prochnik, author of a book on the pursuit of silence.

What are you opinions on this? I believe if you live in a condo, apartment complex, duplex, quadplex, ect. then you better be prepared to live with the noise that will come with that kind of living. Also if you are outside… then fucking deal with it for crying out loud (<- shit I might get fined for that too) you're outside please don't tell me you expect it to be quiet outside!!!!!

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan
Quote:
Richard Tur, founder of NoiseOFF (a website for people who want quieter communities.

Fuck off and live in a field then.

You whinging idiot

srsly i dont understand people who move or live in cities and then complain about noise.

Well no shit people are noicy and dogs bark. of course they fucking do its a fucking dog!!! they do bark.

Ask any 5 year old what a dog does. its not gonna say wags its tail or shits on the carpet. its gonna say woof!

the problem with this shit is that they will prosecute the guy who’s dog barks for 10mins and 1 second yet the ridiculous dickhead with the all night party will probably never even get mentioned.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

the united states government is getting more and more oppressive every day. and its because of idiots like this that think noise is bad for you. they are the same assholes that think guns are bad and no one needs a truck. the government is going downhill. and it isnt going to stop any time soon. so just hold on, enjoy the ride, and wait for the next revolution to go down.

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh
turbosatan;69361 wrote:
Fuck off and live in a field then.

You whinging idiot

srsly i dont understand people who move or live in cities and then complain about noise.

Well no shit people are noicy and dogs bark. of course they fucking do its a fucking dog!!! they do bark.

Ask any 5 year old what a dog does. its not gonna say wags its tail or shits on the carpet. its gonna say woof!

the problem with this shit is that they will prosecute the guy who’s dog barks for 10mins and 1 second yet the ridiculous dickhead with the all night party will probably never even get mentioned.

Exactly! It’s the city! And your right a dog owner is going to get a KNOCK KNOCK at their door and the cops will be issuing them a ticket and the douche bags a few floors up running a damn night club nearly will get a warning and thats it. Fucking hell man!

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh
Apostle 228;69362 wrote:
the united states government is getting more and more oppressive every day. and its because of idiots like this that think noise is bad for you. they are the same assholes that think guns are bad and no one needs a truck. the government is going downhill. and it isnt going to stop any time soon. so just hold on, enjoy the ride, and wait for the next revolution to go down.

AMEN!! If the lil boy I babysit is being quiet then I know he is up to something and it’s probably no good! I rather him run and holler through the house back and forth. And the neighbors complain he is too loud!! Fuck you he is 4!! Next thing ya know the apartment managers are going to fine me for being too noisy!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
AhshKoshBGosh;69367 wrote:
AMEN!! If the lil boy I babysit is being quiet then I know he is up to something and it’s probably no good! I rather him run and holler through the house back and forth. And the neighbors complain he is too loud!! Fuck you he is 4!! Next thing ya know the apartment managers are going to fine me for being too noisy!

I agree with all of the above. The only thing that I think there should be rules against are the incredibly loud stereos in cars. In CA, they get so fucking loud that the can shake the glass in my apartment- and I live 500 feet from a street. Not only is this dangerous on the road, the people in the car have no idea what they are doing to their own ears and it’s disrupting the lives of everyone around them.

kids, construction, dogs… whatever, get a life and shut the fuck up and move to Kansas where the only sound you’ll describe is what the tornado sounded like as it approached your trailer

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Gsouder;69381 wrote:
I agree with all of the above. The only thing that I think there should be rules against are the incredibly loud stereos in cars. In CA, they get so fucking loud that the can shake the glass in my apartment- and I live 500 feet from a street. Not only is this dangerous on the road, the people in the car have no idea what they are doing to their own ears and it’s disrupting the lives of everyone around them.

kids, construction, dogs… whatever, get a life and shut the fuck up and move to Kansas where the only sound you’ll describe is what the tornado sounded like as it approached your trailer

this is true, there should be SOME restrictions… IMHO, the only time there should be ANY sound restrictions is at night. other than that, have at it, scream, have a loud motorcycle, let your dog bark… who cares??

Poesy
Participant
@poesy
Apostle 228;69362 wrote:
they are the same assholes that think guns are bad and no one needs a truck.

*meekly puts up hand*

I think guns are bad. Sure, if you own a ranch or whatever….but i don’t think they’re a basic human need, and someone who thinks they are bad is more likely to be sensible than an arsehole.

But the thread….

I think the dog one is ridiculous. You can’t really turn a dog off. What are they expecting, that people start beating their dogs to make them be quiet? That’d bring the RSPCA round pretty sharpish in the UK

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I think we all just need to give it a chance…

You have to get together and ‘elect’ me as your world chairman.

Chairman Hull has a real nice ring to it.

I will then bring in a simple rule of any infraction = execution.

Dog barks for 10 mins – shoot it.

Car stereo blaring early hours – crush the car with the driver in it.

Old lady jay walking and crying about not being able to cross the road for her prescriptions (noise nuisance) – push her under a car.

Now I know it may seem alien and harsh measures but it really is for a better tomorrow.

Remember 1 vote for me is all you would need for the rest of my natural life.

😉

Take Care
Matthew

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh
Sherav;69433 wrote:
I think we all just need to give it a chance…

You have to get together and ‘elect’ me as your world chairman.

Chairman Hull has a real nice ring to it.

I will then bring in a simple rule of any infraction = execution.

Dog barks for 10 mins – shoot it.

Car stereo blaring early hours – crush the car with the driver in it.

Old lady jay walking and crying about not being able to cross the road for her prescriptions (noise nuisance) – push her under a car.

Now I know it may seem alien and harsh measures but it really is for a better tomorrow.

Remember 1 vote for me is all you would need for the rest of my natural life.

😉

Take Care
Matthew

OMG LMAO!!! I will vote just to witness your rulings!

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh
Poesy;69415 wrote:
*meekly puts up hand*

I think guns are bad. Sure, if you own a ranch or whatever….but i don’t think they’re a basic human need, and someone who thinks they are bad is more likely to be sensible than an arsehole.

But the thread….

I think the dog one is ridiculous. You can’t really turn a dog off. What are they expecting, that people start beating their dogs to make them be quiet? That’d bring the RSPCA round pretty sharpish in the UK

Exactly, you cant mute a dog (as much as I wish we could lol) it is very ridiculous indeed.

As for guns… I am very into guns and only think they are bad if put into the wrong hands. I always agreed with the NRA when they said people kill people, not guns (although that big loud bang they make seems to help lol)

I think it is disrespectful to be driving around a suburb or apt complex with your kick ass sound system blaring your stereo with the stupid bass shaking the buildings. I feel that my town is right in pulling over and fining anyone who does so esp if its early as hell in the AM or late in the evening when we are trying to sleep. Also if their shit starts car alarms which most of the time it does there should be some sort of added fine for causing even more of a disturbance.

I like my music loud but the minute i get to my gate to my complex I turn it down because i know better. most dont care.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
AhshKoshBGosh;69444 wrote:
Exactly, you cant mute a dog (as much as I wish we could lol) it is very ridiculous indeed.

As for guns… I am very into guns and only think they are bad if put into the wrong hands. I always agreed with the NRA when they said people kill people, not guns (although that big loud bang they make seems to help lol)

I think it is disrespectful to be driving around a suburb or apt complex with your kick ass sound system blaring your stereo with the stupid bass shaking the buildings. I feel that my town is right in pulling over and fining anyone who does so esp if its early as hell in the AM or late in the evening when we are trying to sleep. Also if their shit starts car alarms which most of the time it does there should be some sort of added fine for causing even more of a disturbance.

I like my music loud but the minute i get to my gate to my complex I turn it down because i know better. most dont care.

OFF topic: People from other countries where there aren’t any guns only hear about the bad stuff that happens. They don’t understand that the massive amount of violent crimes has to do with America’s massive population. The rate of violence in America is not out of whack compared to the world wide rate of violence, it’s just gun violence that is sensationalized by the media and hollywood.

I have 5 guns and I live in San Francisco. My reasons for having guns are listed below in order of priority

1)BIG earth quakes happen here and if there is a big earth quake I need to be able to protect my family and my supplies from all the people who aren’t prepared.

2)Zombies- ’nuff said

3)My right to own guns is to protect me from my own government should they go down an unacceptable path. This fundamental right insures that, in an extreme situation (ala Hitler) we can take to the streets and protect our country. You may think this is ridiculous but it happened just 80 years ago to Germany.

ON topic:
VOTE SHERAV

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

hmmm.. I’ve been pulled over 4 times in the last two months for loud music in my sexy chrysler 300 in ontario, california.. I got two tickets and have to appear in court in a month or so…maybe this is why..

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Poesy;69415 wrote:
*meekly puts up hand*

its ok, out of respect for your opinions, i will not use MY guns to protect you when the ish goes down.

AhshKoshBGosh;69444 wrote:

amen, guns dont kill people. PEOPLE kill people.

again, i dont see anything wrong with loud stereos, its just a matter of WHEN your bumping your loudass music, like you said. if its early in the morning or at night, tickets should be handed out.

Gsouder;69482 wrote:
OFF topic: People from other countries where there aren’t any guns only hear about the bad stuff that happens. They don’t understand that the massive amount of violent crimes has to do with America’s massive population. The rate of violence in America is not out of whack compared to the world wide rate of violence, it’s just gun violence that is sensationalized by the media and hollywood.

I have 5 guns and I live in San Francisco. My reasons for having guns are listed below in order of priority

1)BIG earth quakes happen here and if there is a big earth quake I need to be able to protect my family and my supplies from all the people who aren’t prepared.

2)Zombies- ’nuff said

3)My right to own guns is to protect me from my own government should they go down an unacceptable path. This fundamental right insures that, in an extreme situation (ala Hitler) we can take to the streets and protect our country. You may think this is ridiculous but it happened just 80 years ago to Germany.

praise be to the great Gsouder! he knows and understands the second amendment! 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.